Last post on Nov 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM
You are in the Subaru Forester
What is this discussion about?
Subaru Forester, Car Buying, Wagon
#36 of 260 Re: 2014 subaru forester buying [tkay2]
Mar 03, 2013 (1:31 pm)
This is my quote on a Forester Premium CVT with the following options. I live in Virginia...I was told this was under invoice...
2014 Subaru Forester Premium CVT
Your color Choice
All Weather Package
Auto Dimming Mirror with Compass and Homelink and Approach Lighting
Rear Cargo Tray
Discount Price $ 24,845
Processing Fee: 299
VA 3% Tax: 754.32
DMV Title: 10.00
DMV Filing: 10.00
DMV Tags: 40.75
Out the Door Price: 25,959
#37 of 260 Re: 2014 subaru forester buying [mrgoodwrench70]
Mar 03, 2013 (1:36 pm)
Seems good for the first one on the block. Did that dealer have them in stock already?
#38 of 260 Re: 2014 subaru forester buying [ateixeira]
Mar 03, 2013 (2:44 pm)
Not this dealer... But a dealer in Richmond , Va got 14 yesterday....
#39 of 260 Re: 2014 subaru forester buying [mrgoodwrench70]
Mar 04, 2013 (8:10 am)
Fitz is listing 4 in stock on their web site, so they are trickling in now. They have 2 dealers, and each store has 2 (all auto Premium models).
#40 of 260 Drove 2 '14 Forester Premiums w/ AWP
Mar 08, 2013 (3:41 pm)
One yesterday and one today (my daughter is in the market, and it's on her short list).
Very similar to our '13 Forester in terms of trim and content.
• Seemed a bit more nimble and more fun to drive than our car.
• Steering definitely is better.
• More interior room for rear passengers.
• Driver's door armrest better located (higher).
• Seat heater switches much better located.
• Center stack selectable graphic (outside temp, mpg, etc.) interesting, although I don't fully understand all the choices and what they convey.
• Seemed quieter and more refined than our car.
• CVT much better than old 4EAT.
• Good outward visibility.
• CVT needs paddle shifters (paddle shifters come on turbo models only).
• Cruise control indicator way too hard to find and see. This really needs to be changed!
• Don't like the bar-graph fuel gauge.
• Not wild about the instrument cluster. The one in our '13 Forester is better (large center speedo, large easy to read fuel gauge).
• No green indicator light for headlights when on.
• Door grab bar interferes with power window switches access.
• Reduced tow rating (1500 vs 2400).
• Angle of approach slightly worse than outgoing model
• '13 model has better exterior styling. Too many fussy styling gimmicks on new model that just don't work.
#41 of 260 2014 Forester
Mar 21, 2013 (3:18 am)
Have gotten a better price...31677. OTD...option are compass mirror, rear bumper cover, wheel lock, luggage cover, cargo net. This includes 6% sales tx. 2014 Forester Touring
#42 of 260 Re: 2014 Forester [tklien]
Mar 21, 2013 (8:34 am)
Did you buy it?
#43 of 260 Re: 2014 Forester [ateixeira]
Mar 21, 2013 (1:10 pm)
Yes Sir X-Man .... they said 3 weeks...Hopefully this weather in Mi. will get better....this date last year it was 82...go figure...Don't know if I could have done much better price wise..!!!!
#44 of 260 Terrible rear view display
Mar 21, 2013 (3:44 pm)
I just test drove the new 2014 Forester. The ride was great, the handling was good, but the rear view camera is useless. It's on the small information screen instead of the larger radio/navigation display. It's too small and too far away. The infotainment system is a mess too. With so many other good choices in the segment, it's a shame that they didn't get this right. It wouldn't have cost much more.
#45 of 260 Re: Terrible rear view display [smokey100]
Mar 22, 2013 (1:45 am)
Smokey, can you elaborate on the info system...