Last post on May 16, 2013 at 8:22 PM
You are in the Honda Accord
What is this discussion about?
Honda Accord, Sedan
Go to NHTSA to file a safety complaint.
Or call Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET) (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800)424-9153
#32 of 274 Re: 2013 Honda Accord Issues [scflorida]
Nov 28, 2012 (8:00 pm)
I purchased a 2013 Honda Accord Sedan Sport. I noticed if you take the car to about 20mph and then apply the brakes gradually as if creeping up to a stop sign you will feel a jerking motion before coming to a complete stop. I'm also noticing a sluggish feeling when accelerating slowly around 20mph. It does not happen if you accelerate quickly. I think it might have to do with the CVT Transmission.
#33 of 274 2013 Honda Accord issues
Nov 29, 2012 (9:30 am)
Hello everyone. I've been driving a 2013 Honda Accord Sport CVT I purchased September 19 (over 2 months). Overall, I am absolutely thrilled with the car at this time. The Sport model, in particular, is a screaming deal. I paid 23K$ plus tax, tags.
As this is an "issues" column, I do have a few...
The aforementioned CVT issue at around 20mph under light acceleration may be real, although I felt it was fairly imperceptible on my car. As I have over 3K miles on it, I'll check it again as another poster said it was gone by 2K miles. Obviously for me, it wasn't a major issue but I'll check into it for y'all.
Rather, my biggest gripe is with the infotainment system (I'm a software engineer). It all feels pretty alpha/beta in the whole system for many reasons:
1) I set the Trip A to reset after each fill-up. Well, it works, kinda. Except the avg fuel economy is not retained under Icon #2 (historical Trip A)!!! It works fine with other reset options, including manual, but not after a fuel tank fill-up. Hello Honda software dudettes?
2) I have a very late model Android phone and have issues with both Pandora loading/starting under Bluetooth (inconsistent), proper phone directory sync (it can mix up people's entries), voice recordation for speed-dial (it labels some entries kinda wacko-like and can't be manually edited!). Indeed, I have multiple phones synced, but even after 'Factory reset' from the Other options menu, is still getting confused!
3) Android USB MTP not supported. Okay, Google bungled that one, but still! How hard can it be to provide an MTP driver inside the car?
4) Bluetooth sound relay is inconsistent and/or slow.
5) Why can't I activate the rear camera manually?
6) Too much lawyerish nonsense, non-evident customization options, etc. As I said, feels like beta software. The first two issues issues above being UNACCEPTABLE.
But she does drive like a car double its price!
Nov 29, 2012 (9:41 am)
Oh yes, the Econ button is pretty much junk marketing. Maybe, just maybe, I like to use it on hilly roads with the Cruise Control ON as it may allow for a less jerky/immediate acceleration which is mostly not desired following traffic on a hilly country road.
Overall, it just makes the car react more dully and I haven't seen any fuel consumption benefit at all! Granted, unless I'm driving sporty, I'm a particularly smooth driver that may use the breaks in corners just about almost never as all just flows at optimal speeds for my intention. Nevertheless, I think that button is a gimmick.
#35 of 274 2013 Honda Accord EXL w/Navi
Nov 29, 2012 (8:52 pm)
For a 2013 Honda Accord EXL w/Navi, I was quoted $27,684 + $790 destination fee + $369 document fee + $199 mandatory window etching fee + taxes. Total is $29,042 + taxes. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal? Do you think prices will be lower in March 2013?
#36 of 274 2013 Accord EXL w/ NAV 2.4L
Nov 29, 2012 (9:04 pm)
I'm new to this forum and came upon it tonight. I just purchased a 2013 Honda Accord EXL w/ NAV 2.4L from Lee Honda in Auburn, Maine. The salesman misquoted a vehicle without air and we had been talking about a vehicle with air. This was the last of the month and they wanted to sell me a vehicle. The sales manager asked if I could give him a chance to see if he could get what I wanted. I gave him the color and inside trim color of my choice. He came back with $27,799.00 plus $294.00 Doc. fee. I pick up my the new car tomorrow afternoon. This was far below what other dealers had quoted me. I am concerned about the transmission problems that has been discussed here. The vehicle I test drove tonight did not seem to have that issue.
#37 of 274 2013 honda accord v6 radio screeching
Nov 30, 2012 (6:19 am)
I have a one month old 2013 honda accord V6 no navigation. I started it yesterday and only sound coming from radio was garbled screeching, metalic static sound with music greatly muted in background. There was also new sound from dash, a steady buzzing or humming, completely audible like a relay or contact was being shorted. After driving 15 min. home with this occuring, I shut down car, Upon restart the problem was gone. I read in this forum this has occured for some other V6 no navigation owners. I feel like this is going to recur. Does anyone else have this problem?
#38 of 274 Re: 2013 Honda Accord EXL w/Navi [jackson72]
by kirstie_h HOST
Nov 30, 2012 (7:20 am)
Hi - this discussion is for people to discuss issues they're having with their 2013 Accords. We have a Honda Accord Prices Paid discussion, which is the best place to exchange pricing info. Thanks!
#39 of 274 Re: 2013 honda accord v6 radio screeching [carcam123]
Nov 30, 2012 (11:17 am)
I purchased the same car with Navi. I've experienced the exact same problem twice. In reading other Honda blogs we are not alone. However, it's still to new of a problem for techs to determine cause for now. Hopefully soon.
#40 of 274 Update from christian1962
Nov 30, 2012 (11:35 am)
1) I checked the issue of jerkiness at low speed / minimal gasoline influx. It hasn't disappeared, but on my car (3K+ miles) is really not what I consider something I would need to get fixed (=not very noticeable). My concern is only whether the belt in the CVT may be possibly running under non-optimal conditions (?) I have the feeling, though, that because the car is otherwise so smooth, it's possible that people driving grandpa-style all the time may notice more acutely that the silky smooth is sort of missing at 25mph !?
2) Factory reset of Infotainment seems to have not made any difference, even with only one phone configured (paired) to it. And the pairing process each time you enter the car seems to be worse. The cold snap (28 degrees F) we're having nights in Central Virginia right now may have something to do with that...
3) Another bug (this one, an interface logic bug): to set the temperature of the climate control while the fan is off - yes! that is a normal function of any car, that is heating the incoming air from outside at speed while fan is off - a user must turn on the fan to gain access to temperature control (!?!) That's nonsensical. Also, the Auto climate control hates to regulate the fan speed until it fully gets to the set temperature, which is not optimal, especially when heating. It should ease off the fan speed the closer the temperature is being reached. If that's what it's doing (?) then that function needs to be optimized as I always intervene manually before the car does.
#41 of 274 Re: Update from christian1962 [christian1962]
Nov 30, 2012 (3:05 pm)
I have a 13 LX CVT Sedan and set my trip A to reset with each fill up.
It moved down the miles per tank but not the avg mpg!
I wonder if Honda checks these forums and will take note or maybe I will write them.
If they do fix these bugs, do you think it is it a simple software update to the unit or the car computer?
I assume the unit would not need be replaced!