Last post on May 07, 2013 at 11:47 AM
You are in the Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Hybrid
What is this discussion about?
Ford Fusion, Hybrid Cars, Sedan
#103 of 111 Re: 47 MPG? Ford has a good sense of Humor [lucien4]
Apr 21, 2013 (6:38 am)
I am an investigator looking into Ford's false claims or the 47 mpg on the 2013 Fusion Hybrid and the C-Max Hybrid. I am formulating potential clients in the San Francisco bay area for a class action lawsuit.
If you live in the bay area, have purchased one of the above mentioned vehicles and are not getting the gas mileage Ford has advertised please contact me. My email address is spyglass7250hotmail.com.
#104 of 111 Re: 47 MPG? Ford has a good sense of Humor [rick7250]
Apr 21, 2013 (7:28 am)
If you dont get at least 47 in the car, either there is something wrong with the car, like the one I had, its cold out, or you arent driving it right. Those in warmer weather and driving it right are getting and exceeding EPA.
Good luck with that, from what I have experienced with Ford, its not going to go very well.
#105 of 111 Re: 47 MPG? Ford has a good sense of Humor [rick7250]
Apr 22, 2013 (7:42 pm)
I have no complaints. I have had my FFH for 1 week and when i finally fueled up, I got 43.3 mpg on 10 gals of fuel with 60/40 city/highway driving. On the expressway, I did 67 to 70 mph. It's the quietest, most comfortable driving hybrid on the market if you ask me including the Toyota Camry Hybrid. The quality seems to be there, time will tell if it can hold up as well as the Toyota.
#106 of 111 Re: Fuel Milage - driving technique [samadams1]
Apr 22, 2013 (7:36 pm)
This post is right on the money. You should accelerate to speed using the gas engine and the let the electric motor take over, the sooner the better. Accelerating slowly will not work as the gas engine stays on too long.
#107 of 111 My Favorite Car So Far!
May 07, 2013 (9:39 am)
I just picked up my Hybrid SE on Friday. I was a little put off at first when my average MPG was around 33 MPG. Took me a bit to realize that, #1, I was new to driving a hybrid (this is my very first one) and, #2, almost all of the first 120 miles were on the highway. Driving in town over the weekend I was getting used to driving and getting between 35 and 38 MPG. I was concerned after reading some earlier posts that I may end up getting far less than advertised. Yesterday and today on my commute, though, I achieved Fusion greatness: 44 MPG to work both days and 60 MPG on the way home last night!
I cannot express how much I love this car so far. The ride is amazing. Now that I have figured out how to drive it, I look forward to rush hour traffic. I am a more calm and relaxed driver now, too. I spend the day looking out my window at work waiting for the opportunity to drive home. I love the fact that this car looks like a nice sedan and not some 1980's futuristic wannabe electric car. I agree with everyone who says that accelerating as quickly as possible and then switching to electric is the way to go. My FFH is up to 200 miles now and only 120 of them have been on gas, roughly the amount of miles spent travelling back and forth to the dealer! I would recommend this car to anyone looking at Hybrids. It feels like a luxury car to me and the level of relaxation I get cruising in traffic is worth every penny
#108 of 111 Re: My Favorite Car So Far! [congotim]
May 07, 2013 (10:32 am)
Congratulations! I've had my SE Hybrid since January and pretty much feel the same way. I consistently get ~40 mpg with a best of 44.5 and a worst of 36. 4-5 tanks have exceeded 40 mpg. About 60% of my commute is highway and the other 40% surface streets. I too find the seats and ride quite comfortable. The only nickpiks I have are the touchscreen (takes 2-3 pokes to activate an icon) and the sunroof control (same problem as the touchscreen especially when closing). But these are minor issues.
I did recently receive a notice from Ford to come in for a SYNC update to the software which seems to include a number of enhancements. Just have to find the time to take it in and let them have it for a day. Anyone else had this done yet?
#109 of 111 Re: My Favorite Car So Far! [socalfusion]
May 07, 2013 (10:46 am)
I didnt get a sweet note from them LOL Do you know anything about how to check what version of Sync you are on? Also, my touchscreen works pretty good. I think in the settings there is an option to change the sensitivity. Have you looked at that?
#110 of 111 Re: My Favorite Car So Far! [congotim]
May 07, 2013 (11:27 am)
If yours has the Hybrid screen then it is the most recent version.
#111 of 111 Re: My Favorite Car So Far! [acdii]
May 07, 2013 (11:47 am)
You mean the one that tells you when you are on gas or electric and why?