Last post on Oct 09, 2012 at 7:40 PM
You are in the Volkswagen Jetta
What is this discussion about?
Volkswagen Jetta, Sedan
#1 of 3 Changing fuse holder/PDU on battery
Oct 09, 2012 (4:09 pm)
How do I go about changing my PDU? I've located a replacement and it looks like it would be fairly simple. 2005 Jetta
#2 of 3 Re: Changing fuse holder/PDU on battery [cjmccoy]
Oct 09, 2012 (6:01 pm)
You are correct that it is pretty trivial.
1) TAKE SOME PHOTOS SO YOU HAVE A RECORD OF HOW IT IS WIRED
2) Draw some diagrams if you need to
3) Disconnect battery (Negative 1st!!!)
4) Loosen all the 10mm screws
5) Move each wire to the new PDC (one at a time is best so you know where the wires go)
Before connecting the battery, VERIFY and VALIDATE that all is wired properly. Connect battery Negative LAST.
Personally, I would carefully clean each connector with fine emory cloth or dremel-tool with wire-wheel. Remember, it is POOR CONNECTION which causes the melt-down condition.
#3 of 3 Re: Changing fuse holder/PDU on battery [bpeebles]
Oct 09, 2012 (7:40 pm)