Last post on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM
You are in the Ford Escape
What is this discussion about?
Ford Escape, Car Buying, Car Comparisons, SUV
#39 of 741 Re: 2013 Ford Escape [tim156]
Jul 30, 2012 (3:17 pm)
You are probably right. After reading this it refers to things manufacturer does and EPA does and city and highway driving. It may all be simulated in a lab. This article seems to be talking about old and new methods but the bottom line is it may barely simulate any real world driving. I know they made some recent changes so stickers would be very close to actual mileage. My 2012 VW Passat gas engine exceeds the sticker all the time. Just today over 34 mpg on 70 mile Interstate trip with a/c on. This is trusting the display and that of course may be too high or guess could even be low.
#40 of 741 Re: 2013 Ford Escape [tim156]
Jul 31, 2012 (4:27 am)
I got the official instructions printed out from the dealer. Follow this exactly and it will reset the windows after losing programming.
i. Turn the ignition ON. (I did not have to start the car - I just hit the start button to turn on the accessories in my Titanium).
ii. Start with the windows in the down position.
1. Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and release the switch.
2. Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position again for 2 seconds and release the switch.
3. Activate and hold the window control switch in the DOWN position until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds at the bottom of its travel and release the switch.
4. (repeat 3) Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and release the switch.
5. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch up and down feature.
I posted this with my library of other documents for the 2013 Ford Escape here:
#41 of 741 Re: 2013 Ford Escape [rollsplat]
Jul 31, 2012 (6:08 am)
Wow Rollsplat the documents you have are amazing. You are a detailed person and a wealth of information. Would sure be interested to hear if your mpg improves.
Let us know. Thanks
#43 of 741 Re: Escape woes [slacker02]
Aug 01, 2012 (11:20 am)
You had quite a list of issues with your brand new 2013 Escape did you make any progress on a resolution?
#44 of 741 Re: 2013 Ford Escape [al63017]
Aug 01, 2012 (1:01 pm)
Thanks! Updates as resolved. Here's my list top list of issues on my 2013 Ford Escape
There are a lot of little inconsistencies in the MFT touch they should have resolved before releasing the software. I won’t bore everyone with my entire list here, but here are a few that “bug” me;)
1. Ford appends to every text message from the car "This SMS was sent from my Ford". Is this necessary, really?
2. Having problem getting my Blackberry 9900 to display any phone contact photos. No resolution yet.
3. There needs to be a soft-reboot USB drive that won't delete all your MFT setting like Master Reset does. (because you know you’re going to have to do this from time-to-time).
The door pillar locks don't adjust the seats to position 1 or 2 - as I think they should according to the manual. I've tried everything – no resolution.
You can see my entire list http://bit.ly/R3jX66 - MFT_Issues_2013_Escape.pdf
I don’t think Ford is listening, but if anyone has their ear, pass it on!
#45 of 741 Re: 2013 Ford Escape [rollsplat]
Aug 01, 2012 (5:00 pm)
In response to your issues:
1. I haven't looked, but is there a function within the menu, like on my iPhone, to delete the "sent from" message?
2. On my Focus, after the update, it took multiple attempts and a call to SYNC support to get my phone to connect. The same phone connected on the first try in my Escape.
3. Granted, you shouldn't have to be pulling fuses or disconnecting batteries to get the signature media feature to operate correctly, but pulling fuse 67 and 79 does not wipe put your saved settings.
a. What do you mean? The seat automatically adjusts when the fob is in range, or when you press the 1, 2, or 3 memory buttons. I don't recall reading that the power lock switch has anything to do with it.
b. Go to Ford Social or their Facebook page to pose your questions, concerns and issues, I've read that they are very responsive on those media sources.
#46 of 741 Re: 2013 Ford Escape [tim156]
Aug 02, 2012 (11:23 am)
Reboot USB update:
Chatted with Rebecca at Ford on Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/RebeccaAtFord
Who gave me a link to:
If you download this to an empty USB Drive, remove the BT4T-14D546-GA.cab and modify the autoinstall.lst to open DelayedReboot.cab, you'll have yourself a quick way to reboot Sync, without loosing setting on your radio and custom chat messages. You won't have to re-program your one-touch up/down windows if the get reset when you pull that battery cable.
Still need to resolve the fob1/fob2 + door pillar keypad entry codes that are supposed to set your memory seats. Mind don't work yet.
#47 of 741 Re: 2013 Ford Escape [rollsplat]
by Stever@Edmunds HOST
Aug 02, 2012 (11:28 am)
I can do a lot of computer stuff; Ford may make an auto mechanic out of me yet.
#48 of 741 Re: 2013 Ford Escape [steve_]
Aug 02, 2012 (1:34 pm)
Technology guy here and had no clue they would help youy delve that deep into the system. Good work!!!! Now I know. How is the daily mpg going? You have 2.0 right? Windows thats the problem again, ha! Micosoft Windows that is andddddddd Escape Windows.