Last post on Jan 28, 2012 at 5:39 AM
You are in the Toyota Corolla
What is this discussion about?
Toyota Corolla, Toyota, Sedan
#9 of 14 Re: Oil useage [matrixcorolla]
Jan 25, 2012 (8:07 am)
You guys must have got lemons , I have three Corollas(two with high mileage) and none use ANY oil between changes. I had a "79" Corolla and a "86" Tercel also both of which never used oil between changes either.
#10 of 14 Re: Oil useage [terceltom]
Jan 25, 2012 (12:49 pm)
It was the IZZ FE engine. Toyota knew but did not fix it.
Jan 27, 2012 (8:38 pm)
I posted earlier but my post disappeared. After 14 years of good service the car started to burn oil. The dealer said that there must be sludge clogging the engine. I am now looking to buy another car.
1)I am wondering if the problem of small piston or piston rings or the holes behind the piston being small etc. etc. have been resolved by Toyota?
2) Do i have the IZZ FE engine in my 1998 corolla?
3) Has any one heard about 2011 or 2010 corollas engine?
thanks for help.
Jan 27, 2012 (9:13 pm)
I am correcting question no. 3 and adding question no. 4 to my above post:
3) Has any one heard about 2011 or 2010 corollas engine failing due to burning oil or sludge?
4) What other problems the 2009-2011 Corollas have?
#14 of 14 Re: 1998 Corolla [parthanon1]
Jan 28, 2012 (5:39 am)
4) like any new vehicle there are some TSB's of items to keep an eye on, but no failings or major problems that I know of; I have a 2009 and I just love it.