Last post on Nov 23, 2013 at 6:38 AM
You are in the Toyota Avalon
What is this discussion about?
Toyota Avalon, Toyota, Sedan
#187 of 716 Re: Seattle Auto Show [douglas1]
Nov 16, 2012 (5:39 am)
My 2008 Touring model was Black on Black?
And for me, all black was just to much.
#188 of 716 Re: Seattle Auto Show [douglas1]
Nov 16, 2012 (5:48 am)
So, what's it like?
Did you get to sit in it, front and back, your thoughts if so?
#190 of 716 Re: Seattle Auto Show [ncee]
Nov 16, 2012 (5:19 pm)
The seats were firmer, but comfortable, than my 2011 Limited and had nice side bolsters. There was definitely more front passenger seat leg room than my 2011. Rear leg room appears slightly less. Loved the dash, but couldn't see instrumentation. I was very impressed with the interior. The trunk appears bigger too.
#191 of 716 Re: Seattle Auto Show [douglas1]
Nov 16, 2012 (5:51 pm)
And now all have have to do is wait what, 1,2,5 or more weeks to own one:(
#192 of 716 It Has Arrived
Nov 27, 2012 (8:51 am)
My local Toyota dealer just got a 2013 Avalon. I plan on taking a look this week.
#193 of 716 Re: Seattle Auto Show [ncee]
Nov 27, 2012 (11:50 am)
Well first my quick first impressions. (about 30 minute drive, 18-22 miles +-)
- The fit and finish is very good
- The doors feel real good and solid opening & closing
- The interior, (seats, floors, Center Console, Dash) is very nice
- The Nav is much nicer in appearance
- The GRILL is fine with the nice larger plastic plate frame that comes with the car
- Back Seat Heated and spacious
The NOT so Good
- The sunroof cover is WAY to thin, and cheap:( (weight savings)
- The seat belt straps are thinner and feel cheap:( Although they pull nice, firm and smooth. (weight savings)
- The steering wheel will take some getting use to (it's slippery so you have to hold on tightly (maybe making you tired))
- Back seat should have a fan control along with the temp control
- Rear seats took a long time to heat up
- An awful lot of plastic (and thin too) (weight savings)
- Super Saver Spare Tire (weight savings)
The Not sure yet:
- The seats are nice and firm (Long rides?)
- Controls on the dash are a bit of a reach for me
- Not any quieter then my 2011
- Different ride then my 2011
These are just a few of the things I got out of my first test drive.
#194 of 716 Re: Seattle Auto Show [ncee]
Nov 27, 2012 (12:36 pm)
You lucky dog. So you got to drive the new Avy (at an auto show?) How did you pull that off. From your early impressions it seems like a mixed bag. You did not mention visibility--a sour point in my 2011 Buick LaCrosse, so I have to assume it is good. Otherwise you would have noticed.
By the way, is the sunroof optional in the higher trim levels? I don't care for sunroof as use it sparingly. But it is not a deal breaker.
#195 of 716 Re: Seattle Auto Show [bwia]
Nov 27, 2012 (1:12 pm)
Good question on visibility? Nothing that I didn't notice.
I drove it around my home town:)
Emerson Toyota got it in today.
Cypress / Almond and FULLY loaded, everything, hell it even has the remote start on this one:)
They just called with the numbers, and well, they aren't giving me enough for my car to trade it in. I'll see about selling it myself.
They offered $22,000.00 trade towards $42,000.00.
2011 LTD Avalon with 39,000 miles on it, and a 8-9+ on a 10 scale
The sunroof is an option, but it's an option you have to get on the LITD models:(