* Server response code: 500
We've had a minor breakdown.
We've had a minor breakdown.
The page you were looking for didn't load. Try refreshing the page, or check out our
2012 - 2013 Toyota Avalon
Last post on May 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM
You are in the Toyota Avalon
What is this discussion about?
Toyota Avalon, Toyota, Sedan
#184 of 491 Seattle Auto Show
Nov 16, 2012 (12:05 am)
I went to the Seattle Auto Show just to see the Avalon. I'm sold. They had a White Limited and a Sizzling Crimson Mica Touring. Both beautiful. I'm really glad Toyota finally put a black interior in the Avalon. Was very impressed with fit and finish and the general feel of the interior.
Will probably contact my dealer shortly and tell him I want a Champagne Mica Touring with Black interior.
#185 of 491 Re: Seattle Auto Show [douglas1]
Nov 16, 2012 (6:20 am)
I'm really glad Toyota finally put a black interior in the Avalon
They have had it since '05.
IMO the new Avalon is a trainwreck. It's smaller and I could never get past the front end. I absolutely loved my 03 and 06 Avalons, but could never buy this new model.
I hope your purchase works out! Let us know what you think about how it drives, etc.
#187 of 491 Re: Seattle Auto Show [douglas1]
Nov 16, 2012 (6:39 am)
My 2008 Touring model was Black on Black?
And for me, all black was just to much.
#188 of 491 Re: Seattle Auto Show [douglas1]
Nov 16, 2012 (6:48 am)
So, what's it like?
Did you get to sit in it, front and back, your thoughts if so?
#190 of 491 Re: Seattle Auto Show [ncee]
Nov 16, 2012 (6:19 pm)
The seats were firmer, but comfortable, than my 2011 Limited and had nice side bolsters. There was definitely more front passenger seat leg room than my 2011. Rear leg room appears slightly less. Loved the dash, but couldn't see instrumentation. I was very impressed with the interior. The trunk appears bigger too.
#191 of 491 Re: Seattle Auto Show [douglas1]
Nov 16, 2012 (6:51 pm)
And now all have have to do is wait what, 1,2,5 or more weeks to own one:(
#192 of 491 It Has Arrived
Nov 27, 2012 (9:51 am)
My local Toyota dealer just got a 2013 Avalon. I plan on taking a look this week.
#193 of 491 Re: Seattle Auto Show [ncee]
Nov 27, 2012 (12:50 pm)
Well first my quick first impressions. (about 30 minute drive, 18-22 miles +-)
- The fit and finish is very good
- The doors feel real good and solid opening & closing
- The interior, (seats, floors, Center Console, Dash) is very nice
- The Nav is much nicer in appearance
- The GRILL is fine with the nice larger plastic plate frame that comes with the car
- Back Seat Heated and spacious
The NOT so Good
- The sunroof cover is WAY to thin, and cheap:( (weight savings)
- The seat belt straps are thinner and feel cheap:( Although they pull nice, firm and smooth. (weight savings)
- The steering wheel will take some getting use to (it's slippery so you have to hold on tightly (maybe making you tired))
- Back seat should have a fan control along with the temp control
- Rear seats took a long time to heat up
- An awful lot of plastic (and thin too) (weight savings)
- Super Saver Spare Tire (weight savings)
The Not sure yet:
- The seats are nice and firm (Long rides?)
- Controls on the dash are a bit of a reach for me
- Not any quieter then my 2011
- Different ride then my 2011
These are just a few of the things I got out of my first test drive.