Last post on Sep 07, 2010 at 2:56 PM
You are in the Ford Escape
What is this discussion about?
Ford Escape, Interior, SUV
#1 of 2 How do you remove the master window controls on a 2001 escape
Sep 07, 2010 (11:06 am)
I would like to remove and install a new assembly, but cannot locate the instructions anywhere. Help is greatly appreciated!
#2 of 2 Re: How do you remove the master window controls on a 2001 escape [scaudell]
Sep 07, 2010 (2:56 pm)
1. Remove the screw from inside door handle bezel.
2. Remove the front door latch release handle bezel.
3. Remove the door handle cup screw.
4. Remove the screws. (by door latch and below outside mirror bezel/tweeter speaker.
5. Remove the front door trim panel by pulling towards you gently around the perimiter and disconnect the electrical connector.
6. Release the locking clips holding the switch assembly and remove the window control switch.
7. To install, reverse the removal procedure.