Last post on Dec 30, 2011 at 11:07 PM
You are in the Mazda Mazda5
What is this discussion about?
Mazda MAZDA5, Steering, Suspension, Tires, Van
#5 of 8 Re: Disappointed owner [roykojack]
Aug 04, 2011 (6:32 am)
Your steering problems sounds like it might have been related to the massive recall of Mazda5s due to power steering failure, but I think they only recalled 2007 to 2009 models. See the following article: http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/19/mazda-expands-recall-for-power-steeri- ng-problem-to-500000-cars/
However, I had suspension issues with my 2007 that were resolved with a Technical Service Bulletin that my dealership claimed did not apply to my model. Bulls**t. I complained to Mazda corporate, and they made the dealership fix my suspension as per the TSB. Therefore, I am thinking that maybe the steering problems also apply to the 2006 models... woth looking into for sure.
#6 of 8 Re: Disappointed owner [roykojack]
Sep 27, 2011 (9:13 am)
I know this is an old post but....
1. There is a TSB for the power steering system.
2. There is a TSB for the "legendary" clunck, squish, thump, et. al rear suspension noise.
3. If the glass was broken in the shipping process or at the dealership because of a non-accident related issue then there would not be any Carfax history because it was simply replaced and not reported to any insurance.
4. The Mazda5 may have been new here in the US back in 2006 but the "Premacy" as it is called over-seas has been offered since 1999. So ghinea pigs only to a certain extent.
5. Mazda's in general are very well known to eat up tires fast. Probably related to the sporty geometry of their suspension. I also gave a CX-9 and it eats tires in about 20-25K miles.
Sorry to hear about your problems.
#7 of 8 Re: Disappointed owner [roykojack]
Dec 20, 2011 (6:55 pm)
Im also a disappointed owner, i done went to the bbb they did nothing They wanted toblame me for everthing. There need to be a class action law suite mazda dont stand bnehind they cars.
#8 of 8 Re: Disappointed owner [rolyat1]
Dec 30, 2011 (11:07 pm)
You might have more credibility with your comments if they were written better! Just saying...... Plus, your comments about a "class action" suit are comical.....