Last post on Oct 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM
You are in the Nissan Juke
What is this discussion about?
Nissan Juke, SUV
Nov 16, 2011 (3:53 am)
I've had my new Juke for about a month now. when we ordered it, my husband added a few extras for me like the lighting package... it is SO COOL! When my daughter saw it, she said 'Mom, it's just like a Juke Box!' If you can afford it, and want something a little different, get the lighting package. It changes colors! The only thing we really didn't care for is where they put the knob so you might want to discuss that with the dealership. We also got the lighted Juke kick plate, which is neat too.
#30 of 37 2011 Vs 2012 Juke Vs 2012 Impreza
Nov 22, 2011 (2:12 pm)
Wondering if i should buy one of few remaining 2011 Juke out in dealership now or wait for 2012 Juke to come out so that i can compare against
2012 Impreza Premium 5-Door with CVT auto transmission
What i like 2012 Imperza is its promised 36 MPG on highway and also little more leg space in back seat.
Juke 2011 back seat has very little space. anyone has any idea if they have increase the size in 2012 ? have they added armrest for driver in 2012 ?
#31 of 37 Re: Nissan Juke [qbrozen]
Jan 05, 2012 (5:56 pm)
I had to answer your post, because the design on this Juke is a JOKE!
What idiot design engineer could come up with such a design? I have seen a few individuals booting this thin around in the snow. They must think they have some high performance vehicle; however, they quickly ducked as the car started sliding on the ice and snow.
When I first saw the car at the Nissan dealership I thought that it was a poor design, cheaply made, and suitable for a kindergaarten mind.
So I was very amused to read that your 4 year old likes the brochure.
It confirms what I thought.
#32 of 37 Re: 2011 Vs 2012 Juke Vs 2012 Impreza [ods2010]
Jan 05, 2012 (5:59 pm)
Look at the design and quality of the Juke, - who would buy such a thing ?
Did someone actually design such an ugly thing? What is it, - ma cross between a jungle vehicle and some mtoy spaceship four 5 year old?
Upon inspection of the interior of the vehicle, - poor quality was also observed.
#33 of 37 The Juke Is Finally Gone
May 01, 2012 (6:08 am)
My wife and I just talked things over for weeks before deciding this and after 5 recalls.. a number of repairs and other issues with the Juke.. we elected that we had to get rid of it.. The first dealer made us an offer of $19,500 which sounded to good to be true.. but we wanted to find out more.. and again.. it was to good to be true.. this got us going and very upset. four dealers later.. we found someone willing to help us out of this "lemon" thats right "lemon". It never was the same after all those recalls and repairs.. milage plummeted.. getting only 18.2 city and 23.8 highway.. the Juke just never recovered..
Sure we both loved that little car, taking it on road trips etc.. handling was great.. but the constant issues and with her missing work having to take the juke to the dealer for repairs.. one has to weigh the pros and cons of this whole experience. As for what we got instead of the Juke?.. I can't say cause I have way to many friends here.. as the post above and below post will indicate. But let's just say.. we are out of those high payments via Capital One (Capone) and that was a main factor in getting rid of the juke in the first place.. at this point.. I'll never buy another foreign car ever again.
So word to the wise.. if it looks like a lemon.. (shape) then it's a lemon..
btw.. while at the dealer trading our juke.. I noticed two more Jukes in the dealers used car lot.. seems we aren't the only ones getting rid of Jukes these days..
#34 of 37 Re: The Juke Is Finally Gone [marylandjuke]
by kyfdx@Edmunds HOST
May 01, 2012 (6:23 am)
Have you replaced it with something?
#35 of 37 Re: The Juke Is Finally Gone [marylandjuke]
May 01, 2012 (8:17 am)
I'll never buy another foreign car ever again.
Well, that certainly gives you plenty of options, such as the Honda Accord, BMW X3, Toyota Highlander, etc.
#36 of 37 Re: The Juke Is Finally Gone [kyfdx]
May 01, 2012 (11:35 am)
Allow me quote:
"As for what we got instead of the Juke?.. I can't say cause I have way to many friends here.. as the post above and below post will indicate." or i would have come right out and said where we ending up with..
As for the never buy another type car statement.. sure there are parts made all over the world so one can't be to sure if their car/truck is really American or not.. the point is.. we opted for something we've always needed and this new vehicle will help us when we volunteer on our friends farm. So yes our needs changed and holding onto the Juke wouldn't have fit into our life style..
Apparently when I posted this comment at the juke forums.. they had to make an effort to post where every car or truck is made etc.. As one can see someone is always read words into my sentences without really reading my sentences.. Or maybe I just haven't made myself clear.. Never the less Im out.. Thanks kyfdx.. its been real.
#37 of 37 Juke SL in my crosshairs
Oct 22, 2012 (9:21 am)
I am pretty obsessive when it comes to buying decisions and I am about a year away from replacing my '03 Honda CR-V. After checking out most of the market I am pretty sure that the Juke is my best option given my criteria. However, I'm curious what else people might think would also fit. My criteria (in rough order of priority) are:
1. Price $30K roughly ($2K margin) in top-level trim. I would rather get a cheaper car with all the toys than a nicer car stripped.
2. Automatic Transmission (sadly - my wife needs to drive it too and she will not row her own)
3. Back seat big enough for kids / small adults. Rarely anyone else back there and our 2nd car is a Sienna.
4. AWD - life is just too busy to get stuck regardless of weather, plus I get weird food cravings during blizzards. I swap to snow tires Dec - April.
5. Different - I hate having a me too car and owning a CR-V has grated on me for almost a decade now. Obviously the Juke has this in spades.
6. Sporty - While in CA for a few months on a job I got a Mazdaspeed3 and fell in love. No way am I driving one of those in NE (and see #2) but I want some of that sense of hurry-up and go. So I'm looking for quick in a straight-line, eager to tackle corners, and the ability to play along with my game of using every clover-leaf off/on ramp as a practice skidpad.
7. Reliable & Durable - Despite the CR-V's blandness, the sucker has been beaten to hell and back and is still ticking. When it was my wife's car it went to the body shop so often that I'm on a first name basis with most of the staff (don't ask what I pay for insurance). It always starts quick, even when cold. We drive it under the worst possible conditions (Boston traffic during rush hour twice a day and is parked outside). I know Honda is known for this but I just can't stomach another CR-V especially with it's now pathetic performance.
8. Hatch / SUV - Love the flexibility and style of hatches - but this is not written in stone if it meets enough of my other wants.
9. Toys & Gadgets - I'm a tech head and so I want Bluetooth, Nav, Sat, Back-up camera's, DVD Players, Subwoofers. As much tech as can be packed in a car and I want it cheap.
10. Good factory audio - I like it loud and clear. I'm not an audiophile, but I know what does and does not sound good and I despise distortion.
11. Sunroof / Monroof - Love driving with all the windows and roof open. Who needs a convertible?
That's it. I've looked into Mazda CX-5, Mini Cooper Countryman All4, RAV4 V6, and countless others but the Juke is the best option so far. My only reservation is the small trunk but otherwise I'm sold. Thanks for reading all of this. Let your suggestions fly.