Last post on Feb 05, 2013 at 6:57 PM
You are in the Honda Accord Crosstour
What is this discussion about?
Honda Accord Crosstour
#216 of 275 Silve 2010 Crosstour 4WD EX-L with NAV Buying Experience
Mar 01, 2010 (1:08 pm)
The Buying Experience-Prices Paid in Chicago NW suburbs...
We recently bought a albaster silver metallic 2010 Crosstour 4WD EX-L with NAVI. Since I have benefited from this forum, I wanted to share our experience as well. We got a decent deal from Brilliance Honda in Crystal lake, IL(another NW Chicago suburb) for around 32250 before TTL and dealer protection package(which is not worth 399 they charged). The clincher was the 1.9% APR for 60 months.The guys(esp. Sales guy-Chris Payton) were great and everything was negotiated via emails. No pains there. We also traded in '01 Grandam GT for around 3K. Honda is apparently running a dealer incentive for Crosstour..But where we got hit were the ext. warranty($1400)+ whole bunch of protection packages except alien protection & UFO abductions. We wanted complete piece of mind for 7 years at least and since it was a good deal to begin with, we decided to tack on the extras....
The BackGround- Why? Why? Why?
We loved the car at the Chicago auto show and shape(yes! we are weird) in our opinion was unique and gave it an unique flair not seen on other cars except the Porsche Panamera....Also, CT reminded my wife her parent's AMC Eagle growing up..
Ownership Experience for past 3 days
We have already put in 400 miles in the past 2 years of ownership and we LOVE the car..The most smoothest, least noisest Honda I have ever been in.. My other car is 2007Honda Civic Si Sedan...So I do care for dynamics and CT doesn't disappoint....The kickdown from auto transmission is very quick and you are NEVER shortchanged...And I am impressed, coming from a Si... Ride is great compromise.. Wont win slalom races with Si, but holds in own.. handles much better than SUVs....It behaves like a car and has most of the utility one needs. We transported whole bunch of plants from my aunt's place...And space is more than adequate for me and my wife and out future 2 kids...The best part is the ECO mode. This is awesome. On a car with 10 miles, we averaged around 25 mpg on the highway. And its very non-intrusive... I think Honda is very conservative with these numbers...Also the navigation is quite user-friendly, voice friendly...The rear view camera is great...
-Lack of power-adjustable steering. It has memory settings for seats and mirrors but not for steering. That is a total bummer...Honda went cheap there..And also the lack of internal rear-view mirror needs to be adjusted as well... No power settings for that...
- My wife misses the panoramic sunroof her mom's SRX has.. But with Honda, sunroofs are like a source of rattles and I am glad, it is not bigger than the current size...
- EX-L without NAVI and reversing is a PAIN. It should come with rear parking sensors..at the very least.. And the BIG SCREEN for EX-L without NAVI is stupid...If my dealer had given us parking sensors,we would have got the one without NAVI. With the parking sensors installed, the difference between NAVI and non-NAVI is only 1400. I think the reverse camera and NAVI is well worth the 1400.
- No automatic wipers...Well I am being a snob here...
ADVICE TO POTENTIAL BUYERS
- Drive Crosstour even if you plan to buy an Accord Sedan.. Once you get over the looks, its a great car and difference after the dealer payoffs and Honda promotions.. is GREAT...!
- Even though MSRP is HIGH for a HOnda, I think at the current prices, it is a STEAL...! BUY ONE BEFORE IT BECOMES POPULAR...
- Also, I called Geico to add my car.. And the Customer rep at geico was mentioning it was her 20th Honda Crosstour she was adding in the past 2 days. Geico had to put in a req to IT department to add the Crosstour to the list of Hondas. ..
- 5 stars out of 5.
#217 of 275 Re: Honda 2010 Nav. System wrong, Milage Wrong, Gas Door does not open, Brake? [albert72]
Mar 03, 2010 (10:35 am)
I can speak to my 2003 Pilot bought new. It has 88,808 miles on it (last night) and the original brakes are on it. No noise or squealing either. Hope this information helps.
ps I don't abuse brakes.
#218 of 275 Re: Honda 2010 Nav. System wrong, Milage Wrong, Gas Door does not open, Bra
Mar 09, 2010 (10:17 pm)
I don't want to start anything here, but this guy is full of crap. IF he has any kahoonas, post your vin # !
I can't stand these trolls!
Mar 25, 2010 (5:20 pm)
I have tested two CT's with Nav. One unit had parking guide lines and distance markers the one I tested today just had the image...no maskers. What gives?
#222 of 275 Front bra cover for Cross Tour
Mar 25, 2010 (9:34 pm)
Does anyone have any thoughts on the bra cover for the front of the Crosstour. I read the installation instructions and it indicates that the bra needs to be removed if it gets wet. I will cause discoloration of the paint otherwise. Any help would be appreciated. I just ordered it and I am considering cancelling the order for the bra.
#223 of 275 Re: Front bra cover for Cross Tour [ewysocki]
Mar 26, 2010 (6:59 am)
Personally, I'd pass on the bra.
Instead look at getting the clear stone protection made by 3M.
#224 of 275 Re: BACK UP CAMERA [berniemavis]
Mar 26, 2010 (12:32 pm)
The line Feature can be turned off or on at will
#225 of 275 Re: people with cross tour [elroy5]
Mar 26, 2010 (12:41 pm)
I bought My Crosstour with the nav for the camera because of the rear visibility. after driving it several days I'm very happy that I got the nav, but not because of any visibility problems. There is absolutely no visibility problem, you can see as well out of the crosstours rear window as any other vehicle.