Last post on Dec 05, 2013 at 3:32 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Audi S4, Car Buying, Car Leasing, Sedan
#494 of 559 S4 Lease question from a nooby
Aug 23, 2013 (1:53 pm)
I've spent some quality time reading posts here.. Very knowledgeable people here
From a nooby's point of view, what do I need to be armed with when I go into the Audi dealership? I'd love to Lease a 2013 or 2014 S4. Premium Plus with Auto.
I have a trade in that's paid off - should be getting about 4500 for it. I also have some cash if needed - is it needed on a lease?
I'm thinking a 36 month lease with 12k miles. I'm simply looking for the lowest payment, that's why a lease over a purchase.
Any help would be appreciated.
#495 of 559 Re: New S4 [isles1]
by kyfdx@Edmunds HOST
Aug 24, 2013 (4:29 am)
It's probably not luxury tax.... I'm guessing it's tax on upfront CAP cost reductions (of which the acquistion fee counts)...
Also... even though tax in PA is 6%, it's an extra 3% on leases... for a total of 9% (or more, depending on local sales taxes)....
That would just about make up the difference, I think..
#496 of 559 Re: New S4 [kyfdx@Edmunds]
Aug 25, 2013 (10:26 am)
Oh that's right, PA does have another 3% on auto leases. So then the monthly payment looks correct then? Going to pick the car up this week. Will likely get Audicare too.
Really appreciate all the help.
#497 of 559 Re: New S4 [staimd]
Aug 26, 2013 (7:20 am)
I am impressed. A 2014 under invoice. Job well-done. Since it has been on the lot, just check the odometer to make sure they were not using it as their test drive car. If it has been driven more than the normal 10 - 40 miles, just inspect it closely, especially the exterior paint since you are getting a dark color car and a color that is very susceptible to swirl marks...and dealer car washes are notorious for leaving swirl marks. Invest in top quality car care products and avoid all car washes (even hand washes) with Estoril Blue.
If you do not know, AudiCare will bump the residual value on a lease by 1%. Some will say that prepaying for AudiCare is not worth it for manual transmissions. I agree with this, but not when you are adding AudiCare at the same time you enter into the lease. The MSRP for AudiCare is $880, so expect to pay $800 - $850. The true cost is what you pay, less the increase in residual, plus interest over the lease term. So probably about $350. Well worth it IMO.
#498 of 559 Re: New S4 [staimd]
Aug 27, 2013 (7:59 am)
Your Invoice should be $50,624. Why is it $54,589 based on your specs? This is not a good deal.
#499 of 559 Re: New S4 [nmoser]
Aug 27, 2013 (8:17 am)
staimd: Confirm invoice. My comments were based upon the assumption that you verified MSRP, Invoice and Sales Price prior to posting those numbers.
#500 of 559 Re: New S4 [nmoser]
Aug 27, 2013 (11:54 am)
I mixed up some numbers in my initial post. The numbers are correct (hopefully) in post #490.
Here are the numbers I got off of Truecar:
2014 S4 P+ 6MT - $48,995 MSRP ($46,065 Invoice)
Estoril Blue Paint - $1,075 ($999)
Nav/MMI - $3,050 ($2,837)
Sports Diff - $1,100 ($1,024)
Side Assist - $500 ($467)
All weather mats - $180 ($168)
Total: $54,900 MRSP ($51,560 Invoice)
Agreed price: $51,450
What's strange is that Truecar lists the invoice as $51,589, but the components add up to $51,560. Not sure why that is.
#501 of 559 Re: New S4 [staimd]
Aug 27, 2013 (12:03 pm)
Just checked Edmunds and they have invoice at $45,629 (including destination). Truecar has it at $46,065. Any idea what the difference could be? Regional ad fee? It's a little disconcerting that there are different prices on different sites. I thought I had good info going into negotiations.
#502 of 559 Re: New S4 [staimd]
Aug 27, 2013 (12:14 pm)
I've found Edmunds to be accurate. Edmunds includes the regional advertising fee in its invoice calculation. I do not have experience with TrueCar, but the advertising fee TrueCar tacks on is almost double Edmunds. I believe Edmunds is correct as far as the advertising fee...which is something along the lines of .5% of MSRP.
#503 of 559 Early Lease Trade-In Q
Aug 30, 2013 (2:24 pm)
I plan on either exchanging my 2012 S4 prior to the end of my lease for a new Audi (Audi keeps calling me to make this happen even though I still have a year left on my lease). Or I plan to coordinate a sale to a 3rd party dealer and get something different. This would be advantageous as my lease buyout is almost $6-$8k below the used car value of my car (in other words I have equity in my car).
My question is:
Should I be concerned about going over the allotted mileage of the lease if I return or sell the car prior to the end of the lease?
Because if not, then I'm going to go on a lot more road trips and I'm going to stop worrying about paying mileage overage charges