Last post on Dec 08, 2013 at 6:10 PM
You are in the Chevrolet Equinox
What is this discussion about?
Chevrolet Equinox, SUV
#1977 of 2371 Re: 2010 Chevy Equinox [rydah72]
May 01, 2013 (10:45 am)
Nope. You get whatever was left on your original warranty. My car is 3 years old and I just got a new engine (43,000 miles). So I get 2 years of powertrain warranty and that's it. You can try to argue with Chevy corporate about it, but from what I'm reading from others, you won't get very far. But congrats on getting over the hill like so many others of us!
#1978 of 2371 2010 EQUINOX LEMON!?! DISAPPOINTMENT!!
May 01, 2013 (10:55 am)
We purchased a 2010 Chevy Equinox brand new in 2010. It has 68,000 miles on it. From about 60,000 miles on, we have had too many issues!
#1. It has "stalled" while driving for absolutely NO reason 3 times now. No warning lights, no warning at all. Just QUITS while going down the road.....even on the freeway one time. When re-starting it, it chugs, chokes, spits-&-sputters and runs like a 25 year old vehicle would be expected to run, not a new one that you pay $27,000 for!!! Then, continues on, fearing it will do it at any given time again!
#2. The center console lights all turn off or do not come on at all upon starting the vehicle several times now. When this happens, the radio and heat/cool system stays where it was before they turn off. NONE of the buttons on the console work during the "outage". This causes a terrible problem with defrost, heating, cooling, and the radio blaring and not being able to turn it off, down, etc. This winter, on a 30 degree below zero day, I jumped out to run into a business quick on my lunch hour from work, leaving the key in the ignition, and the vehicle running. When the door shut, the horn sounded and ALL the doors locked! There is NO way I could have hit the "lock all" button, as it is located on the center console! I called the dealer, they said I had to call a locksmith and that I had to hit the lock all button on the way out, as the vehicle is designed to NOT lock all the doors if key in the ignition (and running!). Well.....it DID and $60 later to get it unlocked!
#3. The motor runs rough. It sounds/idles rough. Has for about last 8,000 miles.
#4. We have the oil changed every 3000 miles at the local oil change business in town. We have only used Synthetic oil with every change. Last oil change, I noticed for several days, that my vehicle was louder & rougher running than usual. We both work 2 jobs and have unmatched schedules....by the time I asked my husband 2 days later to look at it, he listened to it and said it sounded like a diesel logging truck. He asked when I had the oil change done last. I looked and the vehicle was JUST ready to turn over the 3000 miles, so, it was due. The monitor in the car still said 68%!!! Anyway, he said, well, it sounds like there is no oil it it. Upon checking it, he was right! To our shock, he added 3 quarts of oil!!! I drove it for 2 weeks, looking under the vehicle the 2 spots I part daily, and, NO leaks. I then figured, the filter was not changed, nor the oil, so, I took it in for a change. Again, to our surprise, it was 1 quart low already! I contacted where we purchased the vehicle and have the warranty. They told me that we have to do "an oil consumption study" and take it to a GM dealer for weekly oil checks for 1000 miles (the place I get the oil changed in town was NOT acceptable I guess). Anyway, I have to run there and have it checked and recorded weekly I guess. But, if this is what we have to do to have a reliable vehicle, and to NOT lose any more time and money, we will get it done!
#5. Now, the last several days, there is a loud, almost like a jet or a wind-up toy sound and the RPMs race up before each shift. By the time it warms, and I get to the dealer in town (where they are checking my oil), it does not make the sound any more! They look at me like I am mentally challenged. I FEAR getting stranded during business travel or late after work one night! Every day, it is a gut-wretching fear and wonder. We are TOTALLY regretting this vehicle and DO NOT want anything to do with it. However, we surely CANNOT trade it at this point!! IF we did, we know we will get nothing for it with all the issues with it! We owe more than we would ever get. I do NOT want another GM and are thinking FORD, but, it would not be fair to trade this lemon off to Ford, either!?
I don't know if GM is doing anything about this for their PAYING customers that are keeping their company alive? I am ready to go public on every technology tool possible about this. I see On-line, unfortunately, we are NOT alone. WE JUST WANT OUR MONEY BACK OR A FAIR TRADE to get out of this LEMON!!!!! GM is on the verge of losing a life long customer and their 2 auto buying kids and every friend and family they can tell/warn.
PLEASE HELP US!!!!!! WE WORK TOO DAMN HARD FOR OUR MONEY TO FLY OUT THE WINDOW ON A $27,000 VEHICLE THAT SHOULD RUN FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS (OTHER THAN REGULAR MAINTENANCE!). WE ARE JUST SICK AND TIRED OF IT. SHAME ON GM FOR NOT STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE AND HAVING THEIR DEALERS/DISTRIBUTORS SUPPORT AND HELP THEIR CUSTOMERS WITH THESE ISSUES IMMEDIATELY AND WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE/EXPENSE!!!!
#1979 of 2371 Re: 2010 Chevy Equinox [rydah72]
May 01, 2013 (1:59 pm)
My engine was replaced at 65K. NO EXTENDED WARRANTY! I have 91K, prob trading it in
#1980 of 2371 Re: New Motor for me ! [2010equinox2]
May 03, 2013 (7:54 am)
I can understand your frustration with the situation you are describing. I am happy to see that the dealer was able to get the motor replaced for you. We don't anticipate another issue with your motor but if you should have any issues please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Our goal is to make sure that you are pleased with your investment and your vehicle is operating as designed. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.
Crystal L-GM Customer Care
#1981 of 2371 Re: New Motor for me ! [gmcustsvc]
May 03, 2013 (8:22 am)
Thank you Crystal, at the current moment I haven't heard back from GM as promised and now they are putting off returning my call again. I have gone as far as posting my dissatisfaction on KBB, Car and Driver, and Edmunds. I will not hesitate discussing my dissatisfaction on my private and public social media sites that are supported by over thousands of followers. I am very unhappy and uncomfortable driving my vehicle. As a mom I want the reliable and trustworthy vehicle that I was guaranteed and that I wrote a check for. You didn't even have to wait for payment. I wrote a check and traded in the 2005 trailblazer that was a lemon. I have owned countless Chevy's in my lifetime and my husband is an avid car collector. Unless GM makes this right I am no longer supporting the brand.
#1982 of 2371 Re: New Motor for me ! [2010equinox2]
May 03, 2013 (9:32 am)
Can you send me a private message with your VIN and full name so I can take a look into your case please? My email address is socialmediagm.com "Attn Crystal" in the subject header.
Crystal L-GM Customer Care
#1983 of 2371 Diagnostic code P0324 Knock Control System Malfunction
May 05, 2013 (11:44 am)
I just had my 2010 equinox in for an oil change and was denied service from a private garage. My check engine light came on and they did a diagnosis with results of a P0324 Knock Control System Malfunction. I was informed that I needed to take my equinox into the dealer ASAP as it's having engine problems. The last two oil changes (one was at the dealer) when I brought it in had burned the oil before 3,000 miles. I have 89,000 miles and the warranty is only up to 100K miles. I'm sure I'll get the run around, but I honestly don't have the time with coming close to my warranty. Can anyone offer advise as to where to start?
Thanks so much
#1984 of 2371 Re: Diagnostic code P0324 Knock Control System Malfunction [2010equpro]
May 05, 2013 (11:41 am)
The place to start is your local dealer and pronto. Let them check that code and go from there.
I'm sure the GM folks on this forum will assist if needed.
Good luck, hope it is minor.
#1985 of 2371 Re: Diagnostic code P0324 Knock Control System Malfunction [2010equpro]
May 05, 2013 (1:06 pm)
If you need help locating a dealer I'd be more than happy to set up a time to get you into the dealership to get this issue checked. If you are interested please email your full name, VIN, and address to socialmediagm.com ATTN: Amber. I look forward to your response.
GM Customer Care
#1986 of 2371 3 years, So Many problems
May 05, 2013 (3:21 pm)
Here are the issues I am/have had (purchases 4/2010):
1. At a red light, car idled really rough, then all of the dash lights came on. I drove straight to the dealership. They checked it out and said I needed a new fuel pump. I had about 47,000 miles and it needs a fuel pump!!! The explanation I received from the dealership - well sometimes things happen.
2. Oil Consumption - the first time this happened I was hearing a funny noise when I turned left coming from the engine. My boyfriend checked the oil when I took him to the airport the next morning to find no oil on the dipstick. Since it was 4am we put in 2 qts then when the dealer ship opened I took it in. They told me they could not find any internal or external leaks so bring in weekly for oil consumption test (I was about 1500 miles since my oil change that was done at the same time the fuel pump was replaced) I went in every week for about a month no issues found. I started a case with GM cust Service Had my oil changed again. Was told no need to continue consumption tests. Drove out of town to visit family (about 2000 miles after oil change) the next night after driving 200 miles to visit, we heard the noise again (10pm) checked the oil.......2 qts low. Added oil and took to local dealership. No problems found related to oil, but did find another alert that needed to be completed when I got home related to the water pump tensioner. I did contact GM customer service again who communicated with the dealership, but only was told to wait until my next scheduled oil change and start consumption tests again. I was also told to bring it in when the car is showing low or no oil on the dipstick, but if it is late night and the dealership is not open, I'm not sure what they expect me to do to get it to them or to get home. But like most, I was told 1qt every 2000 miles is normal for this car.
3. I pod jack - worked fine for the first 2 years, but then would cause all center consule lights to go out, could not operate radio or a/c. Took it to the dealership, they said there was a radio update that should have fixed it but cautioned me that any "after market" items could cause this problme to recur.......uuuhhhh this IPOD jack was an option that came on my car, but the ipod it is designed for will probably make it malfunction
4. Stalling - I have only had this problem once (thankfully) but it was as I was turning left across 3 lanes of traffic!
5. Jerky transmission - the first time this issue happened it jerked so hard I thought I hit something. TOok it to the dealership and was told, like others it was the transmission "learning" me. THe transmission codes were updated and problem only occurs occasionally
6. Drivers seat lumbar support airbladder - has popped and had to be replaced two times
This is the 4th car I have purchased, 2 of them I put >140,000 miles on and never had issues like I have on the nox with only 55.000 miles. This was my first american car and will likely be my last as I am seriously considering trading it in very soon!