Last post on May 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM
You are in the Chevrolet HHR Maintenance & Repair
What is this discussion about?
Chevrolet HHR, Wagon
#22 of 24 Re: hhr brakes,struts&calipers [abbygas]
Aug 23, 2010 (10:11 am)
Unfortunately, I don't make policies nor can I force a recall. I can help customers by answering questions and escalate their concerns if need be. I do apologize because I know how frustrating it can be for people when their vehicles have concerns. So if you have any further questions pertaining to your concerns please let me know. Thank you,
Mariah GM Customer Service
#23 of 24 2006 Chevy hhr Stalls while driving
Aug 11, 2011 (7:44 am)
I AM SCARED, FOR MY FAMILYS SAFETY
FEAR THAT THIS VEHICLE WILL STALL AND WE WILL CRASH OR BE HIT BY SOME ONE...WHEN A VEHICLE STALLS YOU LOOSE ALL POWER...THAT IS POWER STEERING, BREAKS.....THE ABILITY TO MAINTAIN CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE
I AM ATTACHING A LINK THAT GM SHOULD REVIEW.....DANGER THIS VEHICLE IS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!
COPY THIS LINK TO YOUR WEB BROWSER http-//abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/abc11_investigates&id=6811236
If you would prefer I can send a typed transcript (word for word) of this News Broadcast?
I WILL NOT ALLOW MY WIFE AND KIDS LIFE TO BE PUT IN DANGER, BY LETTING THEM RIDE IN THIS VEHICLE
THIS VEHICLE IS UNSAFE AND SHOULD BE RECALLED
THE LINK I AM ATTACHING SHOWS A NEWS BROADCAST IN RALEIGH NC. ON CHANNEL 11 NEWS !!!!! INVOLVING NUMBER 12 ISSUE ON MY LONG LIST BELOW WITH THE CHEVY HHR STALLING WHILE DRIVING.....
I purchased a 2006 chevy HHR LT, in 2007. Since i have purchased this vehicle the following issues have occurred.
Mileage on car 33,346
1) The key locked up in ignition..9/06/07
2) Shifter froze up and would not come out of park. . 9/06/07
3) Headliner Trim – Energy Absorption Capability
4) Front end and whole car started to shake when applying break..9/06/07
Dealer turned rotors( but did not fix issue)
5) Replaced driver side running board..9/06/07
6) Got in vehicle one morning tried to take kids to school, vehicle would not go over 15 mph, had towed back to Lawson Chevrolet.
working on getting date/mileage..This issue occurred twice before being resolved.
7) Front end still shaking so I purchased new rotors and brakes...installed...still shakes whole car.
8) Replaced headlight six times over a 1 year period....crazy.
9) Driving vehicle one morning, vehicle suddenly stalls(quits running) restart drive a little ways, stalls again. Have towed to dealer they tell me AC compressor locked up. Causing belt drive to lock up. Also replace belt...of course.
10) Driving down road and both front wheel bearing are locked up...need to replace
11) Now once again driving car hit brakes car starts to shake..getting worse over time of course
12) Vehicle stalls( quits running) when I hit the brakes or drive up hill or down hill or hit a bump......very unsafe
take to dealer...for a fee of course...they tell me now ....well i will list below..
13) Throttle body assembly needs to be replaced...to the tune of...$392.45..plus tax
14) Need to replace rotors and brakes again.. to the tune of..$399.50.. plus tax
15) Need to replace steering column est.. to the tune of..$745.63..plus tax
16) Need to replace sway bar links..to the tune of..$147.66..plus tax
17) Need to replace sway bar bushings est..to the tune of..$87.40..plus tax
18) Need to replace steering shaft to the tune of..$271.90..plus tax
19) Need to replace front struts
20) Need to replace bearing plates
21) Need to replace lower control arms
22) Need to replace rear shocks
#24 of 24 Re: HHR 2007 Lemon [ksad0372]
May 14, 2013 (9:24 am)
We have a Chevy HHR 06, that has been in the shop for MULTIPLE problems.
The power steering motor had to be repleaced twice, this is what they told us was the cause of the engine just shutting off... The car is back at the dealer, as it shuts off at any given moment while driving and they want us to pay for a new motor and crank shaft. I am waiting for a call back from GM, I am asking that THEY pay for the repair. My daughter and grandson, are the primary users of this car, do they need to die before GM does the right thing?