Last post on Dec 11, 2011 at 9:36 AM
You are in the Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable
What is this discussion about?
Ford Taurus, Sedan
#5 of 6 2001 Ford Taurus no heat
Oct 18, 2011 (4:41 pm)
I have a 2001 ford taurus that the water pump went out on. I replaced the water pump and the heat quick working so I replaced the thermostat and that didn't help any. I did have some air in the system but I believe I got most if not all of that out and still no heat. I also checked the heater core to see if that was leaking but no signs of leaks.
#6 of 6 Re: 2001 Ford Taurus no heat [irishman69]
Dec 11, 2011 (9:36 am)
To remove the air trapped in the heater core:
1. Detach the hose from the heater core to the water pump.
2. Detach the hose from the thermostat to the heater core
3. Clamp the loop hose at the heater core.
4. Connect your garden hose to the hose previously detached from the thermostat.
5. Open your house garden water bib to flush the system. Watch the dirty water come off from the heater core. (3 minutes)
6. Connect all the hoses back keeping in mind you don't want air to get in those hoses again, so you have to work fast. Hope this help.