Last post on Jul 06, 2012 at 5:56 AM
You are in the Saturn S-Series
What is this discussion about?
Saturn S-Series, Electrical
#3 of 4 Re: Engine Turns over, won't start, Dash lights flicker [powerboy]
Jul 06, 2011 (2:45 pm)
I have a 2002 Saturn SL2 with the same problem.
My car friend Tony said it is more than likely a security issue.
For anyone else that has this problem, the solution is to:
1. Make sure your battery is good and not weak.
2. Get in your car
3. Turn car to on position but don't try to start (lights shouldn't be flickering)
4. Roll windows down, shut off: lights, wipers, radio, fans, any other accessories
5. Leave car in "On position" for at least 30 minutes.
6. Turn ignition to off position then try to start it.
#4 of 4 crank position sensor
Jul 06, 2012 (5:56 am)
I just had the sensor replaced on Monday, Thursday night my car doesn't start. When you turn the key all the lights in the car go out and then they pop back on. My remote doesn't even unlock the doors or the trunk. They also replaced the ignition switch key and tumbler assembly. Now I can't even get in my car because the new key, which was factory matched, only works the ignition. My mechanic says it sounds like the starter went. Waiting on a tow. Any ideas what it could be? I don't think its the starter.