Last post on Sep 17, 2012 at 6:34 AM
You are in the Saturn VUE
What is this discussion about?
Saturn VUE, Saturn VUE Red Line, Electrical, SUV
#4 of 7 Vehicle Ground Location, Anyone?
Oct 14, 2009 (4:53 am)
I had a bad ground in the front, which affected my turn signals, AC compressor, horn, and maybe a few other things. When I drew enough electrical current, the engine would actually die. I ran a wire from the horn ground wire to the stud where the cable from the negative battery terminal attaches to the body. This seems to fix the problem, but I would like to fix the bad ground if I can find it. Does anyone know where on the body the harness that the horn ground feeds into attaches to the body for a ground? I want to check the contact there if I can get to it. Thanks for any help.
#5 of 7 Anyone have problems with Saturn Vue stock Radio? Help!?
Oct 18, 2009 (11:47 am)
I have a 2006 Saturn Vue and today I got in the car turned the radio on and there is absolutely no power! It's dead. Now there is a story that goes along with this. I bought my Vue in Jan 06 and within about 2 weeks the trouble with the radio started. At that point the radio looked to be on however there was no audio.I was annoyed but took it to the dealer and they replaced the amp. Well it worked for a few months and the same thing happened. I took it in again and they "re-booted" the radio and it worked again. You won't believe this but I have had to take the car in for the same problem with the radio 8 times! There was one occasion when the radio simply would not come on (like what is happening today) so they replaced the radio.The last time I had a problem they said they replaced the Amp...again and it worked!! Well now of course the vehicle warranty has expired and I'm not sure what to do but I feel that this is totally unacceptable. The last time I expressed my frustration to a manager at the dealership because I had been in 8 times for the radio his response was "We have brand new radios upstairs. You should buy one!" Literally no empathy from this manager at all! I feel like they should be giving me an upgrade at no cost for the inconvenience of this situation. I think if I bring it in to them and they try to charge me to repair or replace it now that the warranty is expired I may lose my cool and become irate! It's been a hassle for almost 4 years now and every time I get in my car I cross my fingers when I turn on the radio. I guess any advice from anyone who has had a similar situation would be helpful but I would like to know if anyone knows how to reboot this type of radio. Or could it be a fuse? I would be willing to troubleshoot myself before bringing it in
#6 of 7 Re: Anyone have problems with Saturn Vue stock Radio? Help!? [melody8213]
Aug 17, 2012 (7:00 pm)
Mel- NO electrical problems with our 2006 Vue until yetsreday. It started making a noise and it is the alternator. Chevy dealer said it is "falling apart" !? That sounded weird to me, but we are not the only ones. It is a Honda 6 engine, and i wonder if a Honda part will do it? It is expensive to replace. * Oh yeah... BUT this is the 3rd time for the cheapo driver side sun visor!
We are happy with the car and the service however.
#7 of 7 Power Seat Blown Fuses
Sep 17, 2012 (6:34 am)
I am need of advice on how to proceed with power seat problem for my Vue Redline 2008.
Over the last (4) months the fuse for the power seat has blown with increasing frequency. My wife usually notices when she goes to use the car. I have inspected and/or checked the following:
- Checked to make sure no obstruction in track i.e. coin or something. Track was clear. Problem not solved.
- Checked for obstructions under seat. Had can of glass cleaner which was removed. Problem not solved.
- Checked track lubrication. It was little dry so lubricated. Problem not solved.
- Checked fuse type. Confirmed it was correct. Problem not solved.
- Checked to see if heated seat may be issue. Determined seperate fuse. Problem not solved.
- Tested/inspected electrical wiring. No apparent breaks/cuts/bare wires.
- Tested chair repeatedly with multiple people getting in & out (60 or 70 times), moving seat back & forth and adding resistance (feet on fire wall). No fuse blown. Problem not solved.
- Changed 20 amp fuse out for 30 amp. Problem not solved.
- Tested 50 amp fuse for one trip. Seat worked fine from start to finish of trip including before car turned off. Fuse was blown when car was used again. Problem not solved.
I do not think problem is with seat based on above.
On side note in the past I have had following minor electrical (?) problems since I bought care 5 years ago.
- AC fan speed fluctuating. It is not related to load on engine, etc. Comes back in little bit.
- Dash lights do not come on when starting car (varies which ones). Have to turn car off and restart to solve.
Both issues are infrequent and have been investigated with no cause found or even able to repeat.
Only other change in last 9 months was installation of remote start by dealer 6 months before fuses started blowing.
So I am at a loss on how to solve. Can only use fuse for short amount of time before blowing.
Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.