Last post on Nov 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM
You are in the Saturn VUE
What is this discussion about?
Saturn VUE, SUV
#77 of 208 2008 Saturn Vue A/C & Heat issues
Oct 05, 2011 (8:26 am)
Just recently I noticed the controls for my a/c & heat do not work. I can move the switches to body, body & feet, feet, defrost & feet and defrost, but they do not change. Meaning, even though I move the switch, it still stays lowing out the main vents. This causes a problem when I need to defrost/defog my windshield now that it is getting cooler.
On top of that, when I move the temperature switch from cold to hot, the heat does not come on at all!
My dad suggested I check my fuses. I did that and they seem fine, but I mistakenly pulled the one for the fuel pump and put it back in the wrong place. When I realized my mistake and fixed it, the check engine light came on with a U code that says it has lost communication with the fuel pump module. When auto Zone checked the code, it said to see GM...when I got in the car, the engine light went out and I thought I was all good, but it recently came back on. I really don't want to give the dealership $110 to clear it.
anyone else have similar problems? What was the solution. I bought the car used with a limited 2 year bumper to bumper warranty and I have a feeling this is not covered under that warranty. (That's just my luck!) I need to get this figured out soon as winter is just round the corner and I will need my heat & defrost!
#78 of 208 Re: 2008 Saturn Vue A/C & Heat issues [wendy4lsu]
Nov 12, 2011 (11:09 am)
Wendy, our Vue has the same problem. After researching the internet I found out if you disconnect the battery for a while then reconnect it. The heat-defrost was working again. Try it out its not going to cost you any $$
#79 of 208 Re: 2008 Saturn Vue A/C & Heat issues [wendy4lsu]
Nov 18, 2011 (6:03 am)
I am having both issues with the A/C and the Heat/Defrost in my 2009 Saturn VUE. The Heat/Defrost issue sounds about exactly the same as yours, wendy4lsu. Did you try the trick with disconnecting and connecting the battery? I wonder if you've been able to resolve your problem?
#80 of 208 2009 Saturn VUE with Heat/Defrost and A/C Issues
Nov 18, 2011 (6:09 am)
About 6 months to a year after purchasing our 2009 Saturn VUE, we started having trouble with the A/C. The air sometimes blows warm, and other times, it blows cold, but only to the floor. It's like the blower won't switch to the vents in the dash, no matter what we try.
The bigger problem, especially now that it's cold, is that the heat/defrost will not work. At all. The vents blow cold air, that's it, no matter what settings I use. I could care less about being cold, but there is a huge safety issue here. I can't drive my vehicle to work if I can't clear the ice/frost from the windshield.
We haven't taken the vehicle to the dealership yet. I'm not sure we have it in our budget to do that. I was hoping there was a recall issue with this. It seems that maybe there should be?
I saw at least one other person post that they were having a similar problem, and a reply was to try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. We can try that, but I wonder if there is another solution?
#81 of 208 Re: 2009 Saturn VUE with Heat/Defrost and A/C Issues [tlbeaure]
Nov 22, 2011 (10:15 am)
Thank you for your post. If you would email me your VIN I can look into recall information for you. I apologize for your frustrations.
GM Customer Service
#82 of 208 same heater problem!
Nov 30, 2011 (2:56 pm)
Normally I don't post about things like this, but I'm 2 weeks from having a baby and therefore even more upset than usual. I purchased a new 2008 vue back in 08 and have really enjoyed it up until now. A few weeks ago, the heater all the sudden stopped working and only blows cold air no matter what temp/setting is set. A week goes by and as I get ready to make an appointment at the dealership, it starts working again. Miracle, I thought. Then a week later, back to cold air. Just got the call back from the dealership that the mechanic is going to "try" to reprogram the temperature control, but says that there is a 10% chance the part needs to be replaced. Okay, I thought. It can't cost that much and there is a 90% chance it will be fixed. Then he drops the actual cost on me... $250 for diagnostics/reprogramming! Nothing is even being replaced! And there is still the chance that it'll fail and we will need to replace a $700 part!! The car is not even 4 years old yet for God's sake! Glad to at least see that I'm not the only one with this problem. Hopefully a recall will be issued in the near future as this appears to be a widespread problem. How are you supposed to survive winter without heat and defrost??
#83 of 208 Re: same heater problem! [courtski]
Nov 30, 2011 (4:13 pm)
I had the same problem. I called GM & argued
With them for over a month. They kept
Telling me I needed to get a diagnostic
To figure out what was wrong. I finally
Paid $99.00 to get it checked and they
Told me the same thing. I finally got
GM to agree to pay half. I was so fustrated
I was ready to go postal on the service
Manager. He was so nice. He agreed to
Cover the other half as long as I agreed
To do business with them. To make a long
Story short the piece didn't need to be replaced. This is what
The did. They disconnected the battery for
24 hours and they re-calibrated the electronic thing
And now it works fine. They also told me
Of it broke again to bring it back if it happened
Again and they would replace the part.
I say bug them to death & make them agree
To cover it. They will put up a fight. But in
The long run its worth it. They said What caused
It was the battery cables were corrupted
Which caused the thing to go nutty. Sorry
Can't think of the technical word.
#84 of 208 Re: same heater problem! [courtski]
Dec 01, 2011 (7:24 am)
If you would like to get a Customer Assistance Case set up, please email us more information including your name/user name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, your servicing dealership, and any further details about the vehicle concerns you would like to include.
Also, congratulations on the new addition to your family! Hope all goes well.
All the best,
GM Customer Service
#85 of 208 Re: same heater problem! [courtski]
Dec 08, 2011 (9:02 am)
did you get your problem with the ac heater fixed & what was done to fix the problem
#86 of 208 2003 Saturn Vue Heat/Defrost Door Control
Dec 27, 2011 (4:38 pm)
Commands from Floor/Panel/Defrost knob are ignored. Also, the 3 buttons along the bottom are not functioning (A/C, rear defrost, recirculate?) Reading the other threads, it sounds like a reset by disconnecting the battery may correct it?? ...or make something else happen... like the check engine light coming on or something.
Blower and temperature (blend door) controls work fine. Any thoughts??