Last post on Oct 06, 2013 at 8:52 PM
You are in the Honda Accord
What is this discussion about?
Honda Accord, Future Vehicle, Sedan
#285 of 344 Re: Honda quality & features [thomasr1950]
Oct 25, 2010 (4:10 am)
My personal opinion is that Honda executives have been drinking the same Kool-Aid for the last 4-5 years that Toyota executives have been drinking since 1995 (the year Toyota began "de-contenting" their vehicles). Cost-cutting seems to be more important to Honda than the public's opinion of their cars.
I think the 2007 Accord was the pinnacle for the Accord, and both quality & features have been going steadily downhill since then.
As far as the mechanical bits go, Honda seems to be hanging on to old technology much longer than they did in the past, like the antiquated 5-speed auto transmission and the addition of VCM (shudder) to the V6 to slightly improve the gas mileage.
For sure, the next time I get the desire for a new vehicle, the Honda dealer will NOT be the first stop I make.
#286 of 344 Re: Honda quality & features [rcummelin]
Oct 25, 2010 (5:16 pm)
I had a 08 Accord EX-L V-6 w/Navi. i wish i had it back. To me it had a lot of features that aren't on my 10 Accord EXL V_6 Coupe. They could add the rear view camera, lights in the door, auto mirror to name a few. I may go with a Maxima as my next car, they cost more but have a lot of features that Honda doesn't. I had a 04 Maxima SL, liked it too, traded it for the 08 Accord. I understand keeping costs down but when you get the top of the line car you should get top of the line equip. If the Sedan EX-L V6 w/o Navi. has auto mirror, door lights, camera the Coupe should too.
#287 of 344 Re: Honda quality & features [thomasr1950]
Oct 26, 2010 (10:51 am)
I just switched to Honda from a Toyota Solara and am very disappointed with the quality and features of the LX. All door handles are stiff and crude, ride is rough and noisy, paint is thin, engine has surge when creeping forward and brakes are poor. Next car will be another Toyota or Chevie Malibu.
#288 of 344 Re: Honda quality & features [loucopits]
Oct 26, 2010 (1:25 pm)
Loucopits, I simply cannot understand postings like this one. Did you indeed take the Accord LX for a test drive before purchasing it?
#289 of 344 Re: Honda quality & features [daneel]
Oct 26, 2010 (3:06 pm)
Yes, i took a test drive but it was too short.
#290 of 344 2010 Honda Accord - Oil change
Nov 03, 2010 (7:48 am)
Hi Guys, I have just completed 3 months with my brand new Accord. It has done 2500 miles so far and the oil life shown as 70%. As it is 3 months old now, I have scheduled my first oil change this coming saturday (3rd Nov). Now a second thought came into my mid...do I really need to change the oil now? Mileage done is very low and the oil life shown is 70%. Is it good to change the oil now? or shud I wait for another 1000 miles to complete ? Please suggest me...
#291 of 344 Re: 2010 Honda Accord - Oil change [tkcvijay]
Nov 03, 2010 (8:01 am)
You may want to read some of the other forums here about changing the oil too early. In short, Honda suggests that you wait until at least 5000 miles before you change the oil. They put an additive in the factory oil that helps clean out the metal filings in the new engine.
You may also want to do a Google search on the 3000 oil change myth. Many people feel that the 3K/3 month oil change is wasteful and unnecessary, especially with today's cars.
#292 of 344 Re: 2010 Honda Accord - Oil change [tkcvijay]
Nov 03, 2010 (8:30 am)
tallman1 is correct in suggesting that you should NOT change the oil now. Use the maintenance minder, even now. At very earliest, wait until 5,000 miles.
#293 of 344 2010 Accord EX-L Sedan
Nov 03, 2010 (8:55 am)
I just picked up a 2010 Accord EX-L Sedan and have a couple of questions/comments that hopefully someone can answer:
1) When clicking on the remote twice to lock the car, the horn sounds. However, in the manual it says I should hear a 'beep' Does anyone's car 'beep' instead of a loud horn, like the Acura.
2) Did anyone else notice a small hole in the plastic above the rear seat between the middle and driver side latch tethers. It looks odd and out of place and serves no purpose.
3) It seems dark in the cabin at night even with the dash lights turned up all the way. I am used to my Acura which has the blue lights and higher intensity dash lights.
4) Is there concern over the Service Bulletin for the brakes.
Thanks for your comments.
#294 of 344 Re: 2010 Accord EX-L Sedan [2004tsx]
Nov 03, 2010 (10:46 am)
1) When clicking on the remote twice to lock the car, the horn sounds. However, in the manual it says I should hear a 'beep' Does anyone's car 'beep' instead of a loud horn, like the Acura. Beep = Honk of horn.
2) Did anyone else notice a small hole in the plastic above the rear seat between the middle and driver side latch tethers. It looks odd and out of place and serves no purpose. It is part of the Active Noise Cancellation system, I believe I've read that here.
3) It seems dark in the cabin at night even with the dash lights turned up all the way. I am used to my Acura which has the blue lights and higher intensity dash lights. Don't know what to tell ya. Check another Accord on the lot if you suspect something wrong.