Last post on Nov 10, 2008 at 3:52 PM
You are in the Car Stock Exchange
What is this discussion about?
#1 of 4 How to win monthly prize
Nov 06, 2008 (5:26 pm)
Here are my suggestions on how to win the CSX monthly prize. Any additional ideas or suggestions are welcome.
1. Start the month with low amount of money. I think to have a good chance to win the monthly prize, you need to start the month with less than $300k.
2. Buy low value stocks and short high value stocks. This is lesson I learned from famous "doctorlove" in March. If you buy a $10 stock and goes up $1 when you sell, you gain is 10% (1/10 = 10%) on your investment. However if you short $10 stock and does down $1 when you cover, your gain is (1/90 = 1%). Same logic applies when you short expensive stocks.
3. Participate during IPOs even if you missed the IPO at noon PST. Minutes after IPO, there is large volatility and sometimes the IPO stock price goes too high (when someone bought large quantity too late) or too low (when someone takes profit). Other stocks also have volatile since players are cashing out on existing holdings to make enough cash.
4. It seems like the day when the previous month retired stocks gains are released seems like another IPO volatility day. I have seen good opportunities in this day.
5. Being in front of computer 24/7 were big advantages in the past, but I do not think this is required anymore to win the monthly prize.
These are my 2 cents, good luck everyone.
#2 of 4 Re: How to win monthly prize [chung]
Nov 07, 2008 (12:21 pm)
Apparently pmc thinks your a cheater for knowing and using this strategy, but your right. This is how to win
#3 of 4 Re: How to win monthly prize [chung]
Nov 08, 2008 (3:36 am)
Word chung. Lessons to be learned and lessons to be taught, eh?
#4 of 4 2009 Acura RL (ACRL)
Nov 10, 2008 (3:52 pm)
Thanks to whomever ran the ACRL from $5 up to $15.45 3:39pm 11/10/2008, picked up a fast 200K