Last post on Jul 08, 2011 at 9:39 AM
You are in the Hyundai Genesis
What is this discussion about?
Hyundai Genesis, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Coupe, Sedan
#1 of 91 2009 Hyundai Genesis Initial Quality and Issues
Oct 07, 2008 (3:02 pm)
Please tell us of any issues you've had with initial quality after taking delivery of your Hyundai Genesis. Any dealership issues when rectifying the problem?
#2 of 91 Re: 2009 Hyundai Genesis Initial Quality and Issues [jbhansen]
Oct 07, 2008 (6:12 pm)
Hmm... have you purchased a Genesis? Did you have any issues?
#4 of 91 one more genesis suspension problem ignored
Oct 14, 2008 (1:13 pm)
There are major defects in both design and execution of the suspension on the Genesis 6/tech model w/18" wheels. it is bouncy and uncontrollable on undullating
highways not just back rough roads.
I advised both service and GM, 3 weeks no response from dealer.
contacted Hyundai customer relations,We'll get back to you in Korean means "you will never hear from us again"
I am curious why the major model discussed is Azera not Genesis don't they have their own blog group ?
I will start mine own Genesis Owners Club to get response and help for unhappy owners.
#5 of 91 Re: one more genesis suspension problem ignored [stanco]
Oct 14, 2008 (4:07 pm)
Many Azera people mention their problems because it seems the Genesis is following the same course that the Azera did. Also, most of us would be interested in a Genesis if there was not a suspension issue such as the one in our Azeras. Of course, Azera has been on the market for three years and there are a lot more of them out there and with sizeable mileages.
Write to the CEO in California and call the customer service number in the owner's manual.
#6 of 91 Re: one more genesis suspension problem ignored [stanco]
Oct 14, 2008 (10:22 pm)
The Azera has been around a lot longer, of course. But this is a Genesis group for owners and anyone interested. Click on that link to see the list of discussions.
#7 of 91 Re: one more genesis suspension problem ignored [carolinabob]
Oct 15, 2008 (8:38 am)
What you're saying is Azera has suspension issues 3 years never resolved and it appears
Genesis has major suspension issues. Bottomline Hyundai has no intention of satisfying either one of us, without litigation. FYI I have gotten to worthless "customer service" and written to CEO, He too may be indited and be on house arrest as is his boss and bosses boss.
what a shame, I can afford to dump this car, but not before I hurt Hyundai for my loss, times a thousand fold !!
Dec 09, 2008 (7:39 am)
Based on what I have read on other Genesis forums, owners have experienced the following problems:
1. Rough ride over tar strips and rough roads (suspension/standard tire issues?)
2. Car pulls to one side while driving on the highway (alignment issues?) Hyundai issued a TSB to correct the alignment specs for the Genesis
3. The heating/cooling vents for the rear passengers does not blow cold air. Only hot air.
4. Trouble opening the fuel door. Takes several pushes of the button to open the fuel door. Some owners have said they had to go in the trunk and open the fuel door manually, but someone posted that Hyundai has a fix for this. Contact your dealer for more info.
5. Water leaking into the trunk. This apparently is a design issue and cannot be fixed without redesigning the trunk. If your car has been sitting out in the rain and you open the trunk all the water sitting on top of your trunk will drip down to the inside of your trunk. I recall having this same problem in my 97 Geo Metro. The easiest fix is to buy a rubber cargo tray for the trunk so the carpeting does not get wet.
6. Slight buzzing sound briefly coming from behind the dash after pushing the Start/Stop button. (This might be normal operation)
7. Other random software updates to fix software glitches with XM, Nav, etc.