Last post on May 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM
You are in the Hyundai Genesis
What is this discussion about?
Hyundai Genesis, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Car Buying, Car Leasing, Coupe, Sedan
#363 of 379 Re: rear wheel drive [brian125]
Dec 14, 2012 (12:08 pm)
Hopefully, you're not paying retail price for your cars. So why compare retail prices? A Tech package Genesis can be had for $35,000 in the real world. Likewise, a EX-L Navigation Accord can be had for about $29,500. My 4.6 Genesis was $36,250 new.
The '13 Accord has some very nice tech updates, no doubt. I'd rather have one than a '13 Accura TL for that reason. And yes, the new Accord does have some great tech that the '12 Genesis lacks, but a car is more than just fancy gizmos. Hence, my assertion that the Genesis is a lot more car. Drive them both on the same day, the difference is obvious.
#364 of 379 2012 Tech V6 just purchased
Feb 02, 2013 (7:27 pm)
Putchased a new 2012 Genesis Tech V6 (Twilight Blue/Cashmere) yesterday. Included the mud guards, sunroof deflector, and complete Wing badge kit. Paid $33,950 before TT&L. The dealer was Homer Skelton Hyundai, Olive Branch, MS. They also had a 2012 Gray/Black Tech V6 for the same price. No more black interiors for me living this far south. The sales experience went fine except I've got to take it back in for an XM issue (no signal). It was a 95 mile drive home from the dealer. No remorse so far. The heavy metal flake Blue Pearl paint is absolutely stunning in the sunlight.
#365 of 379 Re: 2012 Tech V6 just purchased [retry]
Feb 07, 2013 (7:32 am)
I purchased my 2012 Genesis V6 with Prem/Tech including mudflaps, sunroof deflector and complete wing kit for $36k after tttl on Dec. 1st. I got the Platinum Silver w/saddle interior, and has been a dream to drive. Purchased from Hilton Head Hyundai in Hardeeville, SC and the sales experience was excellent.
#366 of 379 Re: 2012 Tech V6 just purchased [LASHAWN]
Feb 22, 2013 (9:18 pm)
What was your price before tax - can you please post the breakdown?
#367 of 379 2010 4.6 w/Tech
Feb 23, 2013 (4:14 pm)
I just upgraded my 2008 Azera Limited with 175k to a red 2010 4.6 /Tech Pkg with 35k. I got it for $22,500 which I thought was a great deal. It also came with mud flaps and the sun roof wind deflector. The Azera was the best car I have ever owned, so it was an easy decision to upgrade to a Genesis. The feature that I have enjoyed the most is the smart cruise control. I hardly ever used cruise control on my Azera even though I drive a lot on the highway, so it surprised me how much I have used the adaptive cruise control.
#368 of 379 Re: 2012 Tech V6 just purchased [sdizdabest]
Feb 28, 2013 (2:57 pm)
Soon as I get a moment and get my paperwork, I'll post them.
#369 of 379 traded my genesis for a 2013 accord ex-l
Mar 12, 2013 (9:53 am)
on the other post, people were saying these two don't compare at all, but for me, i just prefer the accord.
1. mpg. I got near 40 mpg on the highway to LA from Phoenix this week on the accord, I would have been hard pressed to beat 25 on my 2010 4.6 genesis.
2. folding rear seat. I had to change with my gf honda civic every time I wanted to carry anything long. Ridiculous that the gennie seat doesn't fold down.
3. feel of the drive. the honda just feels tighter, while the gennie performed admirably, it floated way too much on bumps, and felt too much like a big car... just not my cup o tea. The new accord drives more or less like a smaller car: tighter, feels more responsive.
4. tech. the honda KILLS the genesis in tech. my phone pandora auto streams to the cars audio. the doors unlock when i reach for them, ditto the trunk. This is especially handy as yo uapproach the car with a big load of groceries in your hand, or your dog on a lease. the 3 views on backup camera, especially the wide view are a blessing when backing out of a space next to an SUV. collision avoidance alarm is a nice plus too. To me, the genesis radar guided cruise control needed too much monitoring to really use much, it would hit the breaks when I would have just let the car cutting in front of me pull away...
5. I was going to need tires, and 19's were going to be pricey.
6. 200 less to insure a year for the new honda.
7. possible serious value drop when the newer model comes out later this year...
what I will miss?
1. cooled driver seat.
2. Nav. the map was nice to look at, though address entry couldn't have sucked worse if they tried. I had quit using it to look up addresses or stores, instead using my google phone which actually worked. but it was handy to see upcoming steet names.
3. the car looked awesone. everybody thought it was a bently, since i had it badged.
#370 of 379 Re: traded my genesis for a 2013 accord ex-l [robribas]
Mar 12, 2013 (7:21 pm)
I agree with you. the New Accord is a better buy. I would think after hyundai upgrades the outdated Genesis with new tech features and a 8 speed trans plus some upgrading inside car it will be back on top for best entry luxury bang for the buck.
I also choose the 2013 Accord exl v-6 over the genesis for alot of reasons you mentioned.
#371 of 379 Re: traded my genesis for a 2013 accord ex-l [robribas]
Mar 16, 2013 (6:40 am)
You and everyone else is right, they don't compare. These are 2 different classes of vehicles, Honda(midsize FWD) and Genesis(large size RWD). Besides, if really think about it, you traded your Genesis for another Genesis. To me they both look alike, every time I see a 13 Accord I think I'm looking at an 09-11 Genesis until I get closer to it.
#372 of 379 Re: traded my genesis for a 2013 accord ex-l [LASHAWN]
Mar 18, 2013 (1:07 pm)
If the hyundai makes the 2014 genesis awd and goes to the 8 spd trans with some minor improvement in the tech/ and interior dept it will be a no brainer to buy/ lease. i just hope they dont ruin the shape when they redesign or freshening up this model.
i bought the 13 accord exl v-6 but i would upgrade to the 2014 genesis if they could improve the outdated model . Genesis is still a great car imho. The Audi A/ S 6 is the car to buy right. Its the total package. I also loved the A7 what a sharp car/ suv.