Last post on Nov 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM
You are in the Honda Pilot
What is this discussion about?
Honda Pilot, Heating / Cooling, SUV
#42 of 72 A/C stopped working
Oct 08, 2011 (9:46 pm)
Mine is a 2003 honda pilot that the front blower quit. I read throught this forum and replaced the blower motor resistor and it worked for about 10 minutes and quit again. Is the Resistor bad again. It cost me $95. What is my problem? Please help!!!
#43 of 72 A/C blowing cool air not cold
Oct 30, 2011 (6:21 pm)
I have a 2003 Pilot that the A/C is blowing cool air instead of cold, also a noise is coming out from under the dash on the passengers side, has anyone had this problem and what was the problem? Can the problem be corrected by me instead of going to the dealership?
#44 of 72 2003 Pilot Intermittent Blower Failure
Dec 08, 2011 (8:39 am)
I have a 2003 Pilot with 130K miles on it. The blower motor is failing intermittently.
- This has been happening off and on for the last 6 months. It has gone weeks or a month without happening at this time, then the issue reappears.
- blower Motor generally fails to come on when vehicle is started, when it fails
- motor appears to not have power at all, when it fails (it's on, or it's off)
- condensor appears to be working, as cool air continues to come out of vents if vent is open and car is moving
- Motor will come back on occasionally, and it coming back on seems to be tied to getting the vehicle up to a certain speed (50-60mph), or RPM (not sure?). Once it comes back on, it stays on.
- Sometimes, shutting the vehicle off, and restarting, will bring power back to the blower. Other times, it will not.
- Interestingly, the radio has lost power several times during this period of time of intermittent loss of power to the blower. NOT at the same time, ever. Shutting the vehicle off and back on seems to bring power back to the radio, although shutting it off and on had to be done several times on one occasion, and didn't work on another occasion (power randomly came back to the radio the next time the vehicle was driven).
- A local mechanic who is a relative of a friend heard about this issue and immediately identified the problem as a faulty NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH, but I have been unable to get this person to confirm this, or do the work to fix it. Based on what I've read on neutral safety switches, I see no way that this could be a root cause for the failure of power to the blower motor or radio.
- My mechanic that generally works on the vehicle was unable to recreate the problem, and doesn't have any theories on how to fix it.
Does anybody out there have any theories about what could be causing it, and have a strategy for systematically tracking down a way of fixing it?
#45 of 72 blown fuses
Jan 02, 2012 (6:18 am)
My 2004 pilot heat/ac/blower keeps blowing the 7.5 a fuse for the heater control. I'm told the problem is a blower motor but the seat heaters quit too (seat heater fuse is ok). This (these) problem started 2 mos ago. What can I do (other than drive around with a pocket full of extra 7.5 amp fuses)?
#46 of 72 2003 Honda Pilot automatic a/c problems
Feb 01, 2012 (10:30 am)
About 10 minutes after driving, the heat starts to blow out of the upper vents when the a/c is on automatic. The heat comes out even if the outdoor temperature is warm, which heats up the SUV quickly making it very uncomfortable. Turning the a/c off tends to somewhat solve the problem most of the time, however, occasionally hot air creeps through the vents even with the a/c off. The a/c often makes a gurgling sound whether it is on or off.
#47 of 72 2003 pilot a/c
Mar 13, 2012 (12:39 pm)
my 03 honda pilot has never given me any problems. but when i turned the a/c on last week it just blew hot air. my husband took it to wk & re-charged it & it passed leak test. It seemed to blow cold air again that point but the temps had also been back in the 40 & 50's. turned a/c on on another 75 degree day & it blows hot air again. what is wrong w/ my a/c??
also would like to add that for almost two years now ever so often it sounds like to me the fan motor is making a weird sound. especially if i hit a bump. its a grinding type sound. I can turn the power off & it will quit. this happens w/ heat or a/c. sometimes if i have my fan on high it will do it & the only way to keep it from happening that paticular moment is to keep on low. not sure if the two problems coincide. I have no prob w/ my heating & my a/c worked perfect last summer.
#49 of 72 AC - Loud Fan Blowing, No Air Coming Out Vents
Mar 23, 2012 (9:02 am)
i have a 2007 pilot ex-l. the airbag/srs indicator came on yesterday. shortly after, the AC stopped blowing air from all vents, the display went blank as did the exterior temp reading (--- F). meanwhile, i could hear a very loud fan sound - as if the AC were on high - coming from the area where the center console is.
thanks for any help.
#50 of 72 2012 Pilot A/C moaning noise
May 15, 2012 (6:34 pm)
Have a 2012 Honda Pilot LX with just under 10K miles on it. The A/C has been making this load moaning sound everything it comes on. Took it into the dealer and they said they called the tech line and the problem is still under investigation. Filed a complaint with customer service, they just told me today that there is nothing they can do but the issue is still under investigation and refuse to work with me to get it resolved!! ie trade in or return.
Anyone else having this issue??
#51 of 72 a/c stuck on ice cold 2004 Pilot
May 22, 2012 (7:33 pm)
My 2004 Pilot seems to have the a/c stuck in the ice cold position. The temperature control no longer seems to function at all. Has anyone experienced this before? At times it seems to have difficulty starting after being driven now too and I am wondering if it might be related. Any ideas?