Last post on Apr 08, 2013 at 9:17 PM
You are in the Mazda6
What is this discussion about?
Mazda MAZDA6, Heating / Cooling, Hatchback, Sedan, Wagon
#9 of 19 Re: 2005 Mazda 6, 3.0L - A/C blows too warm, heater blows too cold. [wwest]
Jul 24, 2011 (7:52 am)
Everything you said prior to explaining how radical the temperature swings and the obvious factors is exactly how a modern automotive HVAC system should operate.
Wow.. I didn't even know that my car sensed the brightness of the sun.
#10 of 19 Re: 2005 Mazda 6, 3.0L - A/C blows too warm, heater blows too cold. [rswafford]
Jul 25, 2011 (9:33 am)
Awesome! Great to hear it helped.
My A/C has been working great ever since I jiggled the wires, and I'm never going back under my dash as long as things are working. One wrong touch of a wire could screw up the A/C again.
#12 of 19 Help A/C prob pls! Only 2 mos Warranty Remains!
Jun 04, 2012 (11:34 am)
09 Mazda6 S Grand Touring 3.7L
Just got the car 1 week ago, & already I need to find what is causing the following. I only have 2 months of factory b-b warranty, and I want to make sure the issue is addressed properly....especially if expensive factory parts are involved! Im thinking this is happening to others:
* after 4 hours of drive time, with AC at maximum blower velocity and minimum temperature and NOT on “Auto”.
* AC Blower velocity significant reduced.....especially in drivers side.
* AC temperature not even “cool”
* pulled over opened hood while engine running and AC still on.
* The refrigerant line, leading into firewall, was frosted over.
* turned AC off and waited 5 minutes.
* investigated evaporator area under dash
* Water was pouring out of Evap Box, and down onto the floor boards. ( no drain hose? )
* Water was running out onto unidentified electronic control module and wire harness!
* No Protective Loom or Jacket on wire harness either...... 8 \
* Water came into contact with Heater Core OR “High Side (hot side) AC line”, then dripped on passengers feet, burning them.
* water droplets were spitting out of passenger-center vent.
* Next day AC "seems to work"
Have only seen mentions of "cooling fan problems" on this car. Could this be the issue? I was driving Highway speeds the whole time....so never say engine temp go up.
Can this cause the refrigerant line to frost over?
Someone please point me to another post if it rings a bell.
Im trying to avoid being placated with jive nonsense, or worse, for <60 days, when I will fully own the "real" problem with this car. Thank you in advance!
#13 of 19 Re: Help A/C prob pls! Only 2 mos Warranty Remains! [natb1]
Jun 04, 2012 (2:00 pm)
Your system is low on refrigerant. Could be due to many reasons. You need to recharge the system and check for leaks. Read your warrenty to see what is covered, don't just quote b-b warrenty.
#14 of 19 I think I found the issue
Jun 05, 2012 (5:28 am)
Thanks, but I think I found the issue.
I found the cabin filter last night (first car Ive had with one) and it was caked with yard debris. The "grating/screen" for recirculation is large....like a chain link fence. I even found a leaf the size of a 50 cent piece. Im 95% this is the problem, because it would certainly explain the frosting and excessive water after thawing. I would think the drain line could be more effectivie though....water running out of the box and onto the floor? Perhaps it was condensing on the outside of the plastic housing? Hmmm..
I just need to take it for a long drive on a hot day.
I will report any developments for the benefit of others.
#15 of 19 Re: Help A/C prob pls! Only 2 mos Warranty Remains! [natb1]
Jun 05, 2012 (6:52 pm)
I do not know whether this is directly relevant to Mazda6 or not, but for Mazda3 there was a TSB for AC freezing over and starting to blow warm air after driving for extended periods of time at highway speeds with AC on and fan on low. I do not know what the resolution of that was, and my car has done this once, but if anything, the best remedy for future situations like that would be to crank up the fan a bit.
#16 of 19 Re: Help A/C prob pls! Only 2 mos Warranty Remains! [nsbio1]
Jun 06, 2012 (6:33 am)
I will need to investigate that.
Anyone have a Mazda3 TSB list?