Last post on May 07, 2008 at 5:12 AM
You are in the Chrysler/Plymouth Voyager, Dodge Caravan
What is this discussion about?
Dodge Caravan, Chrysler Voyager, Plymouth Voyager, Auto Repair, Van
#1 of 2 dodge carburator issue
May 03, 2008 (4:14 pm)
I hope someone can help me here.
I have a 1977 Dodge 440 engine in my King's Highway RV. The engine has an Edelbrock Venus carburetor. One morning it would not start. Here are some things I have done.
1. changed the fuel pump at the urging of Edelbrock as they said the pressure at the carb needs to be 5.5-6.5 and i was only getting 3.5-4. a new Edelbrock fuel pump did not change anything.
2. pressure at the carb is now around 4 psi.
3. i removed the fuel line at the carb and plenty of gas is flowing.
4. if i pour some gas into the carb it start immediately and runs for a few secs (based on how much i poured in).
5. when i pump the gas peddle i do not smell gas nor do i see any gas shooting into the carb. the mechanical arm that pushes on the small rod to the carb pump is working.
6. i have change my inline canister filter and the small filter into the carb.
7. plenty of gas in both tanks. switch over value is working ok as measured by the flow of gas at the carb. (see #3)
any tips, hints, suggestions for me. the frustration is setting in.
#2 of 2 Re: dodge carburator issue [raymholt]
May 07, 2008 (5:12 am)
Is there gas in the float bowls of the carb?
Maybe a clogged needle valve, but I would think that even if this were the case, you would still get some gas into the intake manifold.
Maybe the float(s) in the carb are hung up.