Last post on Sep 17, 2010 at 5:57 AM
You are in the Hyundai Azera
What is this discussion about?
Hyundai Azera, Sedan
#1 of 5 Hyundai Azera - Homelink programming/setup
May 03, 2008 (11:45 am)
Homelink set up is not easy and incorrect as stated in Azera manual/Homelink website but follow instructions below in the sequence..
I learned hardway....(This is done for Hyundai Azera Limited for Craftsman Garage door openers with door sensors..)
- Hold down the #1 & #3 door openers on mirror until all codes are cleared. Flashing red. (Only 20 seconds not up to 30 seconds...)
- Unplug power of the Garage Door overhead unit for garage you want to program homelink.
- Hold the garage door opener (remote) controller up against homelink mirror in the car...
- Press and hold garage door opener button of the garage you just unplugged controller and the button on the homelink mirror you want activate simultaneously for 3- seconds. Then relese both buttons.
- Repeate above step for 3-4 times...(This is important to do for Rolling codes Garage Door Opener...)
- Put your handheld garage door opener controller away. You're now done with it - for the Garage door you are doing.
- Plug back the overhead Garage Door unit and then press "Learn" button on the unit. You 20-30 secs for the next step.
- *** Make sure Garage door sensor would not activate other wise you have to repeat this step...*** (I had my car inside garage...-but still was able to access overhead motor unit...)
- Go to car of Mirror/Home link button of which earlier it learn from Handheld remote and press and hold that button on the mirror until the garage door over head light turn ON/OFF.. then release that Mirror homelink button..
Test: Press Mirror Homelink button of just programmed and see if Garage door Open/Close...
Repeat process for additional garage door openers...
May be some had done different but this is what I did and works Perfect for Two Garage doors...
#2 of 5 Re: Hyundai Azera - Homelink programming/setup [cool_herbpat]
May 03, 2008 (5:36 pm)
I don't remember any postings about problems with the Homelink setup. My garage doors, like yours, are Craftsman. I did notice that I can open/close the doors almost a block away whereas with the old car, the Jag S Type, I had to be about 2 doors away.
#3 of 5 Re: Hyundai Azera - Homelink programming/setup [cool_herbpat]
May 07, 2008 (6:59 am)
Some openers are simpler than others. Apparently some newer models use rolling codes, so you have to set the Homelink and the door opener itself almost at the same time. I had to help a friend set his Acura and I was in the car and he was on a ladder at the opener motor.
#4 of 5 Homelink Garage door opener
Sep 15, 2010 (2:22 pm)
I just bought a Champion opener .
I can't get it to work with my Azera and the Homelink website doesn't even have Hyundai listed. I guess I will have to use the remote and keep it in my car.
#5 of 5 Re: Hyundai Azera - Homelink programming/setup [carolinabob]
Sep 17, 2010 (5:57 am)
How's your beloved Azzy running ????