Last post on May 10, 2010 at 5:35 AM
You are in the Mitsubishi Outlander
What is this discussion about?
Mitsubishi Outlander, Subaru Forester, Car Comparisons, SUV
#1071 of 1581 Re: Forester vs Outlander [fushigi]
Jan 05, 2010 (2:06 pm)
Mitsubishi Motors Ends The Year With Positive Sales Momentum
From the article:
* Every Mitsubishi model showed an increase in sales compared to the prior month (November 2009).
* Lancer sales were up 13.9 percent compared to the prior month and up 16.9 percent compare to December 2008.
* Outlander sales were up 81 percent compared to last month. (emphasis mine) It was Outlanderís third highest monthly sales total in 2009, and sales were up 11.4 percent compared to December 2008.
* December was Galantís second best sales month of 2009, up 162 percent compared to last month and up 32 percent compared to December of 2008.
* Endeavor sales were up 15.9 percent compared to the prior month.
* Lancer Sportback sales were up 5.8 percent compared to the prior month.
My guess that Outlander sales might have been depressed based on people waiting for the new model may just be accurate based on an 81% jump in sales. Although to be honest I'm not sure what drove the Galant sales boost.
#1072 of 1581 Re: Forester vs Outlander [fushigi]
Jan 06, 2010 (10:09 am)
If you sold 1 last month and 10 this month you could also claim an increase of 900%. :shades
#1073 of 1581 Re: Forester vs Outlander [fushigi]
Jan 06, 2010 (10:58 am)
The PR machine was working overtime. That is a nice spin on things, I'll give them credit.
Usually sales are compared to the same month a year prior, and then YTD vs. the year prior.
sales were up 11.4 percent compared to December 2008
That's a good sign, but per Automotive News:
Overall, December sales of 1,030,096 light vehicles rose 15 percent from December 2008
So minus the PR spin, the Outlander actually lost a little bit of market share compared to the old model a year ago.
Having said that, if demand for the GT is hot as you mentioned earlier, it'll take time to adjust the production lines to output more of those. It could take a couple of months to adjust.
It is an encouraging sign after a dismal November.
#1076 of 1581 Re: Synthetic Leather [ateixeira]
Jan 07, 2010 (5:38 am)
Forester is not suppose to have leather dash. It has plastic dash appropriate to the price
As it turns out, neither does the Outlander.
Well it's obvious there were no New Years resolutions regarding minutiae
#1077 of 1581 Re: Synthetic Leather [comem47]
Jan 07, 2010 (7:08 am)
Actually, I was fairly impressed that Mitzu had outfitted the Outlander with a leather dash. Especially since as chelentano claimed:
$45K Mercedes GLK has plastic dash instrument panel, while the $29K Outlander comes with double-stitched leather instrument panel
But even if it's not really leather, "grained synthetic leather" sounds so much nicer than calling it what it really is... plastic
#1078 of 1581 Re: Synthetic Leather [p0926]
Jan 07, 2010 (11:29 am)
...and that was my point, he was really rubbing that in our faces, turns out he was wrong all along.
Jan 07, 2010 (11:38 am)
Here is a sales chart from Automotive News, spin-free:
Automaker 12/09 12/08 Pct. chng. 2009, 2008, Pct. chng.
Mitsubishi 4,357 4,570 Ė5% 53,986 97,257 Ė44%
Subaru 23,074 17,287 33% 216,652 187,699 15%
#1080 of 1581 Re: Synthetic Leather [ateixeira]
Jan 07, 2010 (9:41 pm)
>> This part made me go HUH? That sheds new lights on this post:
Quote from it: Forester is not suppose to have leather dash. It has plastic dash appropriate to the price. As it turns out, neither does the Outlander.
"This part made me go HUH?"
1. I've never said the Outlander has genuine leather dash. But even if synthetic leather, it is still a double-stitch leather and not molded plastic. Mercedes sells M-Class, GLK class and others with synthetic leather seats and which is hard to tell and it feels luxurious. The Mercedes dash however is a molded plastic and feels cheaper.
2. My post 849 of Dec 1 only suggests that Forester doesn't have a leather dash, which is true. I also suggested that it's not suppose to have leather dash at that price, which is also true.
3. And actually the funniest thing is that you are the one who said first on this board that Outlander has leather dash. In message 769 on Nov 20 "Leather on the dash looks great".
O-o-ps you did it again on Nov 29 post 829: "The leather dash is a nice upgrade, and it runs across the dash an into the tops of the door panels."
So you've mentioned "leather" here first and at least twice before I did. Then what's a problem? I saw the GT interior only on pictures, but you have inspected it in person back in November reporting to us "The leather dash is a nice upgrade, and it runs across the dash an into the tops of the door panels".
>> he was really rubbing that in our faces, turns out he was wrong all along.
"HUH"? Are you going to apologize or what???