Last post on Oct 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM
You are in the GMC Envoy
What is this discussion about?
GMC Envoy, GMC Envoy XUV, GMC Envoy XL, Electrical, SUV
Go to NHTSA to file a safety complaint.
Or call Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET) (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800)424-9153
#411 of 520 Envoy XL SLT Gas Gauge Broken
Dec 09, 2011 (6:15 pm)
I am the first owner of a 2005 Envoy XL SLT with 86,000 miles. I have had a couple major problems with my truck. First problem the truck was burning oil. Thank goodness this problem occurred while the truck was still under warranty. Now that the car has reached 7 years old and is out of warranty I have encountered new problems. First the RPM gauge stopped working temporarily. The head lights turn off sometimes and it doesn't respond to turning the switch on and off. The air condition trap door, which is located under the dashboard is stuck, so if I turn off the air it makes an annoying clicking sound. Penske said it will cost $1000 to repair the air condition door. The newest and most frustrating problem with my truck is the fuel gauge is broken. When I fill up my truck the gauge bounces up and down and the electronic mileage display indicates "---" or it states "fuel level low". Penske stated that I have to pay $175 to repair this problem and GMC will pay the remaining portion. I think it is unreasonable for them to charge me anything because the average gas gauge sensor lasts 12 to 20 years without a problem. GMC should recall the part and pay for the entire cost.
#412 of 520 Re: 2005 Fuel Sensor Malfunction [lilcutie1]
Dec 09, 2011 (6:16 pm)
Welcome to the club!! I saw a lady the other day driving an Envoy and ask her about the truck. She said and I agree, "It rides good but NONE of my gauges work and I bought it new!" GMC SHOULD recall ALL of these vehicles! Anyone you ask will tell you they have the same issues!! We were stranded on the interstate with a 3 month old baby in the back seat when ours ran out of gas..in a construction zone!! And they say it is not a SAFETY issue?? If you don't use the rip off dealers they will not refund you anything!!!
#413 of 520 Re: 2005 Fuel Sensor Malfunction [lilcutie1]
Dec 12, 2011 (9:11 am)
I am sorry that you are frustrated as a result of the fuel gauge concern on your Envoy. If you were interested in a Customer Assistance case, where we would investigate your situation, please send us an email with more information, including your name and contact information, your involved dealership and an account of your visits there for this concern (if applicable), and the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage.
GM Customer Service
#414 of 520 Re: 2005 Fuel Sensor Malfunction [tiffanyn]
Dec 12, 2011 (9:53 am)
Thank you for posting, tiffanyn. From your submission, it sounds like you have had a few different concerns arise with your vehicle in addition to the fuel gauge? Have you been working with your dealership towards resolving these concerns? If we can set up a customer assistance case for you, which are evaluated on a case-by-case basis, please email us more information (include your name and contact information, your involved dealership and an account of your visits there for these concerns (if applicable), and the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage).
GM Customer Service
#415 of 520 Re: Envoy XL SLT Gas Gauge Broken [badenvoyxl]
Dec 12, 2011 (10:40 am)
I can understand why you are frustrated. I have posted in response to other forum members who have a similar position to yours in regards to the repair on the gas gauge inviting them to open up a Customer Assistance Case, and wanted to make sure that you knew you were invited to do so as well.
GM Customer Service
#416 of 520 Re: I HATE MY ENVOY [alihs]
Dec 12, 2011 (4:04 pm)
I Agree with you Alihs, from the day i bought my used GMC Envoy till now i 'm having issues with my GMC Envoy 2004. At times i'm driving with my family and the car begin to feel like it just cant go anymore, the wheels become locked up along with the engine making a lot of noise with the car moving really slow. I was also stranded at new york when my GMC decided not to start, after i had it towed to the closest mec shop i was told that it was the battery, so i bought a new one, still didn't work, took almost the old day for them to figure out that it was the ignition switch. I've been trying to trade this car in for the last three years but no dealership is willing to take it, they are even willing to let me keep the envoy along with giving me another car. Really don't know what to do, i'm only sure that i worry everyday my family and i get in that car.
Dec 13, 2011 (12:16 pm)
Gm paid for my dash replacement gmc envoy 2004 paid 429 dollars used dashed fixed by term auto in brooklawn new jersey. Thanks gm!
#418 of 520 Re: instrument panel problems [gmcluvr08]
Dec 13, 2011 (3:28 pm)
My friends took their Envoy to a different dealer and they pulled all the codes out and looked them over and found a TSB from GM that the drivers seat control module needed to be reflashed. That was over a week ago and so far none of the issues they were having have returned. It cost them $70 to have this done.
#419 of 520 Re: 2005 Fuel Sensor Malfunction [gmcustsvcsarah]
Dec 13, 2011 (4:56 pm)
I think WE all need to file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against GM for this. Clearly this is the MANUFACTURER's mistake that we are being FORCED to bear the cost of. As a consumer...this is unacceptable. I for one WILL NEVER AGAIN purchase another GM product in my lifetime if this is the way GM takes care of their problems...and their customers.
#420 of 520 Bad time line of 06 GMC Envoy
Dec 13, 2011 (7:22 pm)
We were told once it was a battery problem too... replaced the battery and still did not fix the issues... we bought this truck new in 06... Envoy XLT.. with every option
1. Problems since... at about 20k miles air would not come on..took it back to dealer they could not get it to repeat the problem..the ac began working again... again the ac quit and several more times but it would always start back up..took it back to dealer , again they could not get it to repeat the problem!
2. Rubber seal from the back doors comes loose at about 30k or so... The glue around the back hatch began oozing..took it to my dealer ( 50 mi away) they patched it by putting more goo on it...
3. Began giving out of gas though the gauge would say it had gas..then the gas light would come on when the truck was FULL... at about 70k... We held out hopes after finding this site, GM would recall these..took it to dealer to check..NO recall of course! We were told it would costs us around 80 for diagnostic and about 700 to 1000 to repair fuel gauge because it is in the tank and they would have to drop the gas tank...it was out of warranty at this time and also the dealer we purchased it from went Bankrupt...so this was another dealer...
4. After giving out of gas on the sad day my husband was diagnosed with cancer, and our 3 month old grand baby was in the back seat, on a busy interstate in construction, we bite the bullet and paid a private garage to fix it and put point in it... it costs over 600 .. still cheaper than GM Dealer...
5. Gas gauge working but NOW the check engine light STAYS on... It idles rough, it has about 106 k... we went out of town for cancer treatments to come back to truck and it wouldn't start.. battery replaced next week...
6. Had to put a water pump on it... 597.00... Tech stated water pump was 'coming apart" ... The truck still idles rough... paid for now..would like to not have a payment but it is not dependable..can't trade it and would NOT sell it to my worst enemy! Thanks GM...AND when you send in your VIN and info , don't expect much!I have not got anything! GMC = Great Money for COMPANY or Government Motors... gonna paint me a lemon on each door when I can afford it!! Right now I have more problems than this so will deal with it day by day!