Last post on Apr 05, 2013 at 9:57 AM
You are in the Hyundai Veracruz
What is this discussion about?
Hyundai Veracruz, SUV
#27 of 29 2008 hyundai veracruz ltd concerns
Jan 09, 2012 (7:22 pm)
I own I 2008 veracruz ltd. with 60000 kilometers . The vehicle as been in for the following warranty issues.
1. tilt steering not working, replaced motor
2. c\d not working, showing error 42 message. Radio replaced.
3. check engine light on, awd light on vehicle stuttered to complete stop just as I was merging onto the highway. Restarted the vehicle and drove to the dealer. The dealer repaced the TPS (throttle position sensor) and reprogrammed ECM.
4. replaced driver side headlight and passenger side daytime running headlight at my own cost
5. check engine light has come on 3 or 4 different times.
6. after filling up with gas odometer reading not accurate.
7. squeaking sound under the drivers rear suspension.
8. transmission push or clunk when decelerating from 2nd to 1st gear.
9. some plastic trim parts have broken off , dealer replaced under warranty.
items 5,6,7,8, have not been dealt with. I deal with Mississauga Hyundai and they have been helpful in correcting these issues. Have other owners had similar experiences. NOT SURE WHETHER I BOUGHT A LEMON AFTER DOING SO MUCH RESEARCH ON THIS VEHICLE. DEPRICIATION IS BRUTAL ON THIS VEHICLE AND WILL LOSE A TON OF MONEY IF I SELL.
#28 of 29 Re: 2008 hyundai veracruz ltd concerns [veracruzguy]
Jan 10, 2012 (8:34 am)
The problems you are having are disturbing. I bought a new 1985 Olds Ciera that had all kinds of problems and because of that have not bought a new vehicle for 25 years. I bought a used 2008 Veracruz LTD AWD in August 2011 from a Hyundai dealer here in North Carolina USA. I was able to get it certified in order to get the balance of the 10yr/100,000 mile warranty and paid an extra $1,400 to get the bumper to bumper included. I currently have 30,000 miles/48,000 kilometers on it. Kelly Blue Book gave it a 4.6 out of 5.0 rating from consumers, so it looked like a good bet at a reasonable price . No problems so far except for accidental power tailgate opening which I resolved as described in previous post. We keep it in enclosed garage and will try not to drive it in snowy/icy weather in our mountains. Based on your comments, I'm glad I have the full warranty to 100,000 miles.
Apr 05, 2013 (9:57 am)
We have a 2011 Vera Cruz Ltd which we truly love. Coupla things though: ever since we bought it every once in a whhile the rear hatch WILL NOT open when pushing the main hatch button on the dash. Hyundai looked at it and said there is nothing they can do until they can reproduce the problem.
I noticed quite a few complaints of Cruz hatches opening on their own but none with my specific symptom. Please let me know if this has happened to any of you.
One other thing-when we are driving around the city and step on the gas it seems as if the transmission is in too high of a gear. It lugs and feel like there is a loss of power then it catches.
Other than that we love this car! Dark brown exterior and dark leather interior.