Last post on Jun 19, 2013 at 6:45 PM
You are in the Mercedes-Benz C-Class
What is this discussion about?
Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Coupe, Hatchback, Sedan
#254 of 303 Help! Mercedes C300 brake and random parking brake light issues
Jan 14, 2009 (7:30 pm)
1. Normally when we brake, the car slows down and eventually stops. However, when we lift our foot off the brake slightly, the car accelerates faster instead of slowing down after driving for 20-30 min. This has happened on a few occasions and is unacceptable. My husband and I get anxiety when we drive because of this issue. It's unsafe and if we are ever behind a car when this happens, there could be an accident.
2. We STILL hear squeaking sounds when we brake. We started to hear it maybe a few weeks after purchasing the car. The car is only a little over a year old.
3. Another issue we are having is the parking brake light appearing when the parking brake is not in use. Even while we are driving, the parking brake light comes on. This occured 5-6 times while my husband and I drove the car. One time, the parking brake light came on when we were parked. The strange thing is, we never touched the parking brake once since we bought the car in Sept. 2008.
4. Soon after we bought our car a year ago, we tried to park the car and the engine suddenly stopped running before we stopped and parked. This happened once.
We have gone to the dealership in person and have called them on multiple occasions and the answer is always the same: they can't find any problems. If there are any problems, it would show up on the computer, or there would be a warning light.
Did we get a lemon? Any advice on what to do next?
#255 of 303 DRIVING C300 2008 IN C OR S
Mar 13, 2009 (9:00 am)
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF DRIVING IN C COMFORT OR S SPORT
IS GAS MPG DIFFERENT
#256 of 303 Re: DRIVING C300 2008 IN C OR S [papadoc33]
Mar 13, 2009 (9:20 am)
The car is more responsive in S mode, it starts in 2nd gear when in C mode. So the start time off the line is slightly slower in C mode. I don't know about gas mialage. I always leave it in S mode.
#257 of 303 Re: DRIVING C300 2008 IN C OR S [papadoc33]
Mar 13, 2009 (12:54 pm)
While not specifically a driving issue, note that the Sport model has different type/size tires on the front vs rear. Rotation is not an option. You just have to replace all four (recommended) when the time comes.
Bob in the Mile High City
#258 of 303 Re: Help! Mercedes C300 brake and random parking brake light issues [MBva]
Mar 13, 2009 (1:19 pm)
I have had some experience with items 2 and 3 ...
2. Squeaking brakes ... Noticed the sounds on my vehicle at about 1K miles. Problem solved by a complete brake job (dealer warranty service). No further issues.
3. Parking brake / light mysteriously comes on... Have noticed this maybe 3 - 4 times when backing out of the garage (down a slope). Oddly enough, only when I am driving. My wife (the primary driver) has never noticed or had happened. We suspect that something about the way that my feet are positioned, perhaps hitting the brake on the way in? We do not normally use the parking brake. On my list for the next (13K) service call, though.
Bob in the Mile High City
#259 of 303 fuse blowing on drivers seat
Mar 14, 2009 (2:49 pm)
mb fixed replaced fuse checked wire harness
anyone have this problem on 2008 c300
#260 of 303 Re: DRIVING C300 2008 IN C OR S [papadoc33]
Mar 15, 2009 (9:13 am)
My E320CDI does not show any differance in gas milage in either mode.
#261 of 303 Re: mercedes Vs cadillac CTS [jthemba]
May 14, 2009 (2:30 pm)
I just bought a 2008 Mercedes Benz C300. It is awesome. If you get the 5 year 100,000 warranty you are covered. MB is top of the line. Anybody can drive a cadillac.
#262 of 303 Re: mercedes Vs cadillac CTS [cville3637]
May 14, 2009 (2:47 pm)
Enjoy your car!
#263 of 303 Re: mercedes Vs cadillac CTS [avatar1]
May 18, 2009 (1:36 pm)
What car did you end up getteng?