Last post on Dec 02, 2007 at 4:50 PM
You are in the Lexus LS 400/LS 430
What is this discussion about?
Lexus LS 430, Sedan
#1 of 5 Using a Phone in a 2004 LS430
Aug 10, 2007 (3:42 pm)
I'm not finding much on using a Bluetooth phone in my (new for me) 2004 LS430 Ultra, so I thought I'd ask a few questions to those that might know ...
(1) Are there any voice commands available for using the phone, like "Call xyz number", or "Dial xyz number", or any commands whatsoever dealing with the phone?
(2) Can I manually enter phone numbers into the telephone directory? So far I don't see how to do this.
(3) How do I transfer a call to my actual phone from the Lexus Bluetooth system if I want to make a call private?
#2 of 5 Re: Using a Phone in a 2004 LS430 [js0873]
Aug 10, 2007 (8:29 pm)
1) I don't think so.
2) I haven't found a way too...frustrates me too.
3) turning the car off is the only way I know, and that's often inconvenient, no?
It's a hellova system, as far as it goes... My Navigation book says it'll do a lot more than I can make it do, but I've not been anymore successful than you have.
#3 of 5 Two Bluetooth Phones
Nov 21, 2007 (5:56 pm)
Can you register two bluetooth phones in your Nav/Phone system and have the car AUTOMATICALLY recognize which of the two phones is currently in the car, or must the one you have with you be MANUALLY entered?
#4 of 5 Re: Two Bluetooth Phones [chicagoed]
Nov 24, 2007 (6:04 pm)
You must switch manually between the 2 bluetooth phones ( I am still learning - so I could be wrong )
Go to settings and you will see the two phones you have matched up -- pick the other one ... ( my wife & I both have set up - on 2006 Ultra _
Enjoy -- one heck of a lot to learn on this car
#5 of 5 Re: Two Bluetooth Phones [greg_h]
Dec 02, 2007 (4:50 pm)
sorry --= I gave you wrong info -- the car is just smarter than I am ... I have Nokia phone & I am used to locking the keyboard so I don't press buttons by mistake - this messes up my bluetooth as the phone tells me to unlock it - and did I want to accept the blue tooth ...
so BOTH nokia ( wife & mine ) -- sync once I had set them up --no manual switching.
Now-- to learn the Nav system ...