Last post on May 22, 2013 at 9:28 PM
You are in the Chevrolet Impala
What is this discussion about?
Chevrolet Impala, Sedan
#30 of 33 06 Impala no power problem
May 27, 2011 (8:06 pm)
I have been working on an Impala 06 for a no start no power condition. A young man was trying to put a sound system in it and he shorted out something and now it doesn't have any power any where. The battery is good and all the relays as well, also none of the wiring is really damaged or fried so I'm think it maybe the pcm, but would like some suggestions.
#31 of 33 Re: 06 Impala no power problem [1nkablecar]
Jun 12, 2011 (6:10 pm)
Hey, if you look under the hood on the left side near the coolant reservoir there is a big connector with a blue release handle, separate the connector by flipping the blue handle( unless it comes apart without flipping it) and then reseat making sure blue handle is fully locked down, this is the main connector for the Body control module, and will typically fix a no power in cabin situation. let me know how it goes.
#32 of 33 Overheating 2004 Impala
Feb 19, 2013 (9:47 am)
My 2004 Impala began overheating and blowing cold air through the heater on January 2, 2013.
I had the auto shop drain and flush the system and replace the thermostat. The system will reach the red zone after a few minutes of operation and blow cold air, then it will cool itself off to normal range. Sometimes it will blow cold air and sometimes it will blow hot air. It seems to lose power when it passes the red zone, but the power comes back when it cools off a little. Drove it for two hours last night with heat in the cab, but it blew cold air and overheated when I entered town. The mechanic wants to replace the head gasket at a $1000. I am not losing any coolant so I'm not sure it is a head gasket. The system has been bled by the mechanic and the dealership at least a dozen times and the problem still persits. Any thoughts?
#33 of 33 Re: Overheating 2004 Impala [tourace]
May 22, 2013 (9:28 pm)
Have you made sure your cooling fan is coming on, try taking the thermostat out to see if that helps,it could also be a bad cap.