Last post on Nov 19, 2009 at 10:11 PM
You are in the Nissan Altima
What is this discussion about?
Nissan Altima, Sedan
#165 of 177 Nissan Altima problems 2008 2.5SL
Aug 18, 2009 (11:38 am)
OK, I hear your pain. Hear mine. All warranty so far. 1. At about 3K miles, after much complaining about the engine being too noisy, course and agricultural sounding, it was replaced. Still pretty offensive to me, but runs fine. 2. An obvious 3 inch razor knife cut (while dealer removed plastic?) was found on the right rear headrest only visible from outside the car. As the dealer felt that I could have done this (?) they did a (very good) repair. 3. The headliner began peeling off all along the rear window. Replaced. 4. The cruise control was out of adjustment and stuck a couple times, refusing to disengage without almost "locking up" the brakes. Scary. 5. The radio display LED's fade in and out and the replacement is on back-order (maybe not just me!) 6. The lumbar support refuses to inflate all the way. Will discuss when radio comes in. 7. At an almost exact speed of 50 mph, the right side mirror makes a very annoying "whistle" above or below 50 it stops. The dealer said there were similar issues on older Pathfinders and they'd watch there intranet for a "fix". In hot or cold weather, not a problem, the window is up. Spring or Fall is annoying. Nothing yet.
If I accelerate at 2000 rpm the CVT allows me to keep up or leave traffic just fine (no tire smoke of course), then the course engine note isn't so offensive and I'm getting great mileage. If problems would cease, I'd really like the vehicle. Cheers!
#166 of 177 Constant problems: 2008 altima coupe 2.5s
Aug 27, 2009 (4:28 pm)
Well apparently I am not the only one ready to trade this car in already. Bought mine about a year and a half ago and it ran great.. for 4 months.
I got it with 10k miles (should have been a sign I guess) from a dealership. I just hit the 36k mile mark 2 days ago so I suppose I am out of the factory bumper to bumper warranty but I have an additional 2 year 100k mile warranty in addition to factory so I will hopefully be good..
Got the car last may, problems really started around November maybe.
1) September or so I got a rattle in my door (door panel vibrating against the plastic at the A-pillar.. I just stuck a piece of cloth in there and never got around to fixing it.
2) December or so brake rotors suddenly warped. I was working and never had time to bring it in while the dealership was open so I got it in around April maybe.
3) While getting brakes turned, I mentioned my power seat wasn't really working (occasionally the recline feature wouldn't work) so they ordered the part.
4) brought it in to get the seat frame replaced and they were sent the wrong part so after a day w/o the car it hadn't been fixed.. in the mean time they tore my steering wheel leather.
5) Had the seat replaced when the correct part came in, steering wheel then ordered. (apparently the recall airbag part was fixed around this time as well)
6) Steering wheel replaced and now squeeks when i turn it, figured it may be because its new so i left it to see if it would go away, it didn't (sounds like the back of the wheel is rubbing the steering collumn).
7) Drivers side door mirror vibrates and rattles whenever there is any music on and I can hear it over just about any volume level of music.
8) 2 days ago the radio suddenly dimmed until I could barely see it, gave the dash a couple taps and it came back (has been on and off like that since it started, but seems dim all the time)
9) airbag light just came on (flashing all the time).
I really hope they dont give me too much grief about the 36000 miles when i bring it in for the airbag/radio. Plan on mentioning the mirror rattle, steering wheel, and maybe door rattle as well. I cant wait to get out of this car...
#167 of 177 Re: Constant problems: 2008 altima coupe 2.5s [intel8052]
Aug 27, 2009 (4:44 pm)
the raido they might, but the airbag (like your seatbelts) probably has a separate warranty. I don't think it's lifetime like a seatbelt, but should be longer than the bumper to bumper.
#168 of 177 Airbag Light Flashing Please Help
Oct 04, 2009 (10:27 am)
I am removed my stock low end radio from my 2008 2.5SL to install a kenwood Navigation system. Because It would take a while I started my car and the air bag light is flashing. I reinstalled the stock system to see if this would eliminate it and it did not. My Kenwood is completly installed and working perfect but the Light is still flashing. It still has a factory warrentee but will they give heartache over the Kenwood.
Or is there something I can do to fix it. I dont know where to start.
Oct 05, 2009 (8:18 am)
I have a nissan altima 2009 new car. The milage is already 2300 miles.
My question is that shall I change oil at 3000 miles?
#170 of 177 Re: Oil change [zhshqzyc]
Oct 22, 2009 (6:20 pm)
I have always followed the manufacturer service guide which has provided me with reliability, good gas mileage and a car that lasts for many years.
I bought my 2009 Nissan Altima and yesterday had my first 3-month oil change. The mileage was only 2686. The service manual states 3750 miles or 3 months. I am following the service manual on my new car to the tee. It may not guarantee that I will not have problems in the future, but it is definitely a means to preventive maintenance as well as giving me a sense of safety and reliability.
Oct 30, 2009 (9:09 am)
I have an 2009 Altima SL. How do I find out the XM radio ID ??
#172 of 177 Re: XM Radio ID [wildthing]
Oct 30, 2009 (1:08 pm)
I believe if you go to Channel 1 it will tell you our XM ID
#173 of 177 Re: XM Radio ID [sochakovsky]
Oct 31, 2009 (6:32 am)
Thanks...actually, turns out it's Channel 0 and I got the ID...