Last post on May 16, 2011 at 2:10 PM
You are in the Automotive News & Views-Archives
What is this discussion about?
Honda Ridgeline, Honda Element, Scion xA, Automotive News
May 05, 2007 (11:49 am)
List of vehicles that I think are the ugliest of them all in no particular order:
-Toyota Highlander (2008 model)
-Nissan Versa (sedan and hatchback)
-BMW 3 series (current generation looks awful compared to the previous generation, the current coupe is ok looking)
-Buick Rendezvous (it's going, going, GONE)
-Buick Rainier (see above)
-Jaguar XK (I'm sorry but it looks so bland and generic it is offensive)
-Honda Element non-SC version
-Infiniti G37 coupe (overly aggressive)
-Chevy Malibu (old and new, new one's back end is ugh)
Some of the best looking vehicles on the market, imo:
-Honda Pilot (current one after the MMC, classy yet aggressive)
-Honda CR-V (front end adds character)
-BMW 6 series
#53 of 124 Re: Ugliness, times 10. [drfill]
May 05, 2007 (11:51 am)
Nissan Versa (sedan)
Land Rover LR3
Hummer (all of em)
#54 of 124 Re: Ugliness, times 10. [neile457]
by MrShift@Edmunds HOST
May 05, 2007 (2:05 pm)
I still think it's kinda cute, in a froggie, banana slug sort of way:
#55 of 124 Re: Ugliness, times 10. [neile457]
May 05, 2007 (2:24 pm)
Dude what is wrong with the LR3 besides the back which is for function.
May 05, 2007 (2:33 pm)
There are a lot of cars that aren't pretty, yet aren't really ugly. It's funny how there are some cars in these posts that are ugliest to some yet good looking to others. Yet there are a few that most people seem to agree are truly ugly.
My truly ugliest:
1. Fiat Multipla (original design). I know it's not sold in the states, but when I saw it in Europe I couldn't believe it. There is no comparison to anything else ugly, even the Aztec.
2. Aztec - not made anymore, but so ugly it deserves mention.
3. Subaru Tribeca - what were they thinking? A horrible look on an otherwise decent vehicle
4. Subaru WRX - I like Subarus. Why do they make their cars so ugly that they destroy their positive traits of reliability and all wheel drive?
5. Original Echo - talk about out of proportion. Add a center speedometer to complete the horror.
6. Nissan Quest (current) - It looks like a pregnant guppy. Add poor reliability and center instruments and you've completed the failure of this model.
7. Saturn Sky - take a beautiful body and add boy-racer taillights. How gauche. Solstice looks a lot better. Perhaps a benefit of rebadging in this case.
8. Element - ugly but cute in a bizarro way.
9. BMW 5 series - it's growing on me a bit, but I still can't get over the Bangle butt and taillights. Add i-drive and you have a real loser. Apparently there are still enough people willing to buy them.
10. Audi Q7 - Most Audi's are gorgeous. This isn't one of them.
Other cars not mentioned:
Camry - I actually don't think it's that bad. I like the new one a lot better than the fat rear end of the previous model.
Xb - It's ugly but in a cute way.
Cars I think are gorgeous:
Most Mercedes, particularly a black E-class
#57 of 124 Current Camry
May 05, 2007 (5:41 pm)
Funny thing that. I think it depends on the color of the thing. In certain colors it kinda resembles a canister vacuum cleaner.
#58 of 124 Lot of people riding the Camry
May 05, 2007 (5:48 pm)
Accord is some beauty queen?
Camry looks a lot like an Altima to me, in design. Nothin' wrong with that!
#59 of 124 Re: Lot of people riding the Camry [drfill]
May 05, 2007 (5:54 pm)
Would you agree Doctor that the 08' Accord looks A LOT better ?
#60 of 124 I haven't seen anything definitive
May 05, 2007 (7:03 pm)
But the coupe looks better than the Solara. And it is better than the overstyled Altima coupe, as well.
No need to uncork the champagne, doh.
May 05, 2007 (8:46 pm)
What's with Ford these days? The new look for Lincoln (Navigator,MKZ etc, etc) have to be the up there with the Lincolns with the fake spare wheel in the trunk lid. The new look is hidious inside and out. The new FLEX and or Fairlane is not much better. I heard going out on a design limb can work, but not in this case. Even the 500 (Taurus) is as dull as dull can be.
A real close second to all the Lincolns and some Fords is the entire Jeep and Hummer lines except the Grand Cherokee. The Jeep Commander takes the cake. The new Compass, Patriot and are off road wannabes based on the Caliber platform. The 4dr Wrangler is a total performance dog. 0-60mph in somebodies lifetime.
I will stop now as thats more than 10, I could go on.