Last post on Jun 17, 2011 at 8:02 AM
You are in the Kia Rondo
What is this discussion about?
#1 of 44 Kia Rondo suggested improvements
Apr 14, 2007 (7:20 am)
1) Add slide out extensions to sun visor and get rid of the fake vinyl coated sun visor, use cloth. Even the EX's visors are cheap vinyl.
2) Offer standard factory tinting of rear and side rear windows.
3) Can car makers design a window that doesn't drip inside the car?
4) Rear slide out cup holders pose a hazard as they don't secure the cups well. Possibility exists of spilling hot liquids from top heavy cups on unsuspecting passenger's feet.
5) This may just be my personal preference, but I would prefer a straight shift from Park to drive. The offsets are just a pain.
6) Redesign the sunroof so you don't need to buy the additional shield to stop the two toned whistle that cross winds generate.
7) No KIA optional mud flaps?
8) Add daytime running lights
Don't get me wrong, I love the Rondo, but it could be better designed in a few areas.
2007 4cyl, 5 seat EX
#2 of 44 Re: Kia Rondo suggested improvements [ramblin]
Apr 14, 2007 (12:31 pm)
If the car is like other Hyundais and Kias I've owned you can approximate the DRL's by leaving the lights on. They go off with the ignition (at least they do/did on my Optima and Elantra).
DRL's are a no-win situation, people complain either way, although I see less complaints on the GM sites than I did ten years ago.
#3 of 44 Re: Kia Rondo suggested improvements [ramblin]
Apr 16, 2007 (4:28 pm)
would like to see MP3 player and connection for auxiliary player (currently not available in Canada)
- I agree on the factory tinting
- make the sunroof available on 5 person model
- get rid of the ashtrays and create more storage
- (daylight running lights are standard in Canada)
- offer the beige exterior / interior as in the US
- I agree on the visor extension (Santa Fe has that)
#5 of 44 new discussion
Apr 17, 2007 (1:32 pm)
sorry to go off topic but I would like to create a new discussion, but can't seem to figure out how you do it (new to the site), could you help?
#6 of 44 Re: new discussion [conwelpic]
Apr 17, 2007 (4:24 pm)
Welcome to the site and go Here to start a new discussion!
#7 of 44 Re: Kia Rondo suggested improvements [ramblin]
Jun 16, 2007 (10:01 pm)
After 3 days with my 5 passenger EX with Premium Package I suggest Kia needs work on the following:
1.Better contrast on the stereo display - larger EQ display listings. The stereo unit is a major visual disappointment.
2.Satellite compatible stereo needed
4.Sunroof wind deflector
5.The remote transmitter on the Key Fob is a bit weak
6.Better dealer support making options known, i.e. Cargo Cover
7.Privacy glass even is it is optional (should be standard in the EX model)
8.Other than the above, it is a well thought out and executed vehicle. Very enjoyable so far!
2007 4 cyl, 5 seat EX with Premium package
#8 of 44 Re: Kia Rondo suggested improvements [ramblin]
Jun 17, 2007 (4:36 am)
Telescoping steering wheel and better driver-side armrests!
I love my Rondo, but I'm 5'6" with short arms (at least, short compared to some of you 6-footers!). No matter how I configure the seat and steering wheel, my elbows don't reach the armrest while I'm driving, which makes for very tiring long drives.
Anyone have any suggestions on anything I could buy or make to alleviate this?
#9 of 44 rear seat air conditioning
Jun 17, 2007 (4:50 am)
I forgot to mention in my previous post--my kids complain that in the back seat (the second row of our 7-seater), whoever is sitting in the middle gets blasted by the air conditioner while the two in the outboard positions sweat and swelter, as does anyone in the third row.
I know there are ducts under the two front seats, but for the life of me, I can't feel anything coming out of them. Is there a special setting to make them work, or are they not for air conditioning?
#10 of 44 Rear shoulder belts
Aug 07, 2007 (6:46 am)
Does anyone else have trouble with the rear shoulder belts running directly across your neck? My stepson and I are both about 5'8" and it hits us both in a horrible spot!