Last post on Jan 02, 2011 at 7:59 AM
You are in the BMW X3 & X5
What is this discussion about?
BMW X3, SUV
#10 of 14 BMW X3 Navigation System
Dec 11, 2008 (9:28 pm)
Is there a way to turn off the audio? It's incredibly annoying. Thanks.
#11 of 14 Re: 2007 BMW X3 - Navigation System [jboyer202]
Jan 04, 2009 (2:35 pm)
I have a 2007 X3 and I regret getting it. The Navigation Plays a large roll in it.
What's wrong with the Navigation?
1) Your control panel is a button directly on the opposing side of the volume knob. It can get confusing, as well as the fact it takes for ever to scroll to a number.
2) The actual GPS screen is a half of the entire screen. It is so little that it is hard to find anything on it. I know it is nice to see your coordinates, and altitude, but you can easily fit that on the bottom of the screen, rather than the entire half.
3) It only displays golf courses, not gas stations, emergency places, etc.
4) The woman who speaks sounds like the jailhouse foreman. She also is very wordy.
5) It is very expensive of an option ($1,800)
In other words, I would still view it as a poor navigation system 9 Years ago, and technology has really changed since.
If you want a good Navigation, take a look at Infiniti or Audi. They are great.
#12 of 14 Re: 2007 BMW X3 - Navigation System [adavis2493]
Sep 17, 2009 (3:31 pm)
I despise the ride in the X3 2009. I will take your nav problems and give you my ride problems.
I think car navs are always a problem because electronics change every few months while cars change every few years at best. I think the avg car is on the road in the US for 9 years, up from 7 since before the recession.
That is a long time to have an in-car nav system. Although they will not, I wish car manufacturers would just make places in the dash to install after market electronics....yeah, sure they will.
#13 of 14 Re: 2007 BMW X3 - Navigation System [adavis2493]
Jan 02, 2011 (2:11 am)
I hate the navigation system as well. It only has like 3 colors. I paid 50 thousand for my X3. I am wondering how much people paid for their BMW X3. Mine has all available options installed. The BMW X3 hasn't impressed me at all. It needs more features, it doesn't even have parking sensors or back up cameras. I own a 2008 BMW X3si.
My premium sound system sounds like a cheap sound system. Anyone with that problem? Does anyone know how to lower the sound system while the navigation system talks? I think that is common sense, I am sure the X3 has that option.
I hate the transmission, it is kinda slow. Acceleration is horrible. Leather looks cheap and plastic everywhere.
#14 of 14 Re: 2007 BMW X3 - Navigation System [bmwowner2]
by kyfdx@Edmunds HOST
Jan 02, 2011 (7:59 am)
We leased our '08 X3 for $440/mo. + tax.. but, yours must be really, really loaded, because our X3 only stickered for $44K or so...
It's my wife's car... but, I don't like the transmission, either..