Last post on Jul 07, 2007 at 6:19 PM
You are in the Hyundai Entourage
What is this discussion about?
Hyundai Entourage, Van
#7 of 20 Re: Entourage Test Drive [ellez]
May 02, 2006 (10:23 am)
I checked out your comment that the DVD does not have headphones. According to a dealer who has Entourages on the lot and has driven them, the Entourages do have headphones and gaming ports. If the Entourage didn't, it would be the only minivan on the market that didn't, including the Sedona. I mean, I wasn't there, but perhaps your salesman wasn't aware (the first salesman I talked to at a local dealer when the Sedonas first hit told me the Sedonas didn't have flip and fold seats).
In regard to the nav system, there is an alternative to waiting for the Hyundai factory installed nav systems in the 2008 model year. I was advised by Hyundai marketing in Calif that a dealer-installed nav system would be available by the end of the year. In addition, there are several after-market, in dash double din nav/radio systems available which would be installed in place of the factory radio. They can be purchased with modules that will allow a back up camera and easy connection to iPod. Different costs and features that you can choose. The $2000.00 paid for a Hyundai nav system in metalgate's Sonata will buy a Pioneer system with 30 gig hard drive (7" touchscreen, voice directions, double CD slots, etc).
My understanding is that while the Entourage has electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), it does not have the electronic brake assist that the Sedona has.
In regard to leg room, I have read competing opinions from people 5'11" to 6'4" or more. Based on manufacturers' website measurements (not sure if points of measure are the same or if power vs. manual seats make a difference), Entourage and Sedona have front leg room that is not the best but not nearly the worst:
Grand Caravan 40.6
#8 of 20 Re: Entourage Test Drive [carcom2]
May 02, 2006 (12:53 pm)
Hi there, we had power seats on both the driver and passenger's side. My hubby said that the headroom was great, as was the legroom. Very comfortable. (and roomy, too.)
I saw the issue with the DVD player, but the system (a comment to another poster) did not have gaming ports OR wireless headphones.
#9 of 20 Re: Entourage Test Drive [ellez]
May 02, 2006 (1:44 pm)
Just to clarify to anyone that would like to know about the headphones and gameports. ANY Entourage with the FACTORY DVD will have wireless headphones AND a gameport with a powerpoint. The gameport is located on the side panel below the cupholder for the 3rd row on the driver's side. Also, a remaote control is included for the DVD system.
Yes, I work for a Hyundai dealer, and yes I have one in stock with this equipment (actually this is #2), so this should be pretty accurate.
Hope this helps!!!
#10 of 20 Re: Entourage Test Drive [ellez]
May 02, 2006 (1:53 pm)
There is now a VOC (valued owner coupon) available on the Entourage, as of 05-02-06. There is also now $500 in consumer cash. With the $1000 VOC, you have a total of $1500, or 60mo at 5.90% APR. Hope that helps!!
#11 of 20 Re: Entourage Test Drive [jeffreid]
May 03, 2006 (7:21 am)
Thank you, and thanks for the clarification, too. My salesman gave us bad info. Sorry...
#12 of 20 Re: Entourage Test Drive [jeffreid]
May 03, 2006 (7:30 am)
I went on www.hyundaiusa.com and there was nothing listed for any specials. Where can I verify?
#13 of 20 Impressions
Jun 12, 2006 (6:27 am)
Visited yesterday the local dealer in my area - they were closed (Sunday) but one Entourage has been unlocked, so I took a look.
Overall, the outside of the van is very plain and blend, styling isn't bold at all - but inside the van, it feels really upscale and well assembled. Door closes with a good "thump"?, the leather-wrapped steering wheel has a quality feel - though the leather seats is not the best leather I've seen.
Power seat controls are on the door - gotta get used to it; every outboard passenger have access to manually open/close his/her own window by power switches placed in all 3 rows - something you will not find on any other minivan.
Some other minor details:
- The sun visors feel good, and Entourage is perhaps the only minivan who still provides a visor extender, and large visor mirrors.
- The middle seats can't be put together to form a bench as in the Odyssey (or as Sienna which is difficult).
- No storage under front passengers seat, even though the seat is not powered even on the high-end model.
- But 2 roomy glove boxes, plus additional bins inside, provide you with organized storage room, as is at the bottom of the dashboard. In overall, the interior mimic the Sienna, with the dash shifter (alto not gated, which I prefer), the bins around the shifter, cup holders - they're missing the door armrest storage of the Sienna, though. (Hyundai did smarter by placing the A/C vents on the 2 sides of the dashboard, so the audio system is not placed as high as in Sienna, and the climate controls are not as low as in Sienna, which is usually blocked by the shifter in the Sienna.)
- I also don't like the way the armrest on the door is designed (and many Hyundais, for that matter). The curve down makes it uncomfortable to use as a good armrest, and it's not too easy to close the door (the Azera do have better design).
- The rear seats fold into floor very similar to Sienna - which is not the most practical way. The Odyssey and DCX vans are more logical and comfy.
Bottom line: it looks like a winner.
#14 of 20 Loud exhaust?
Oct 21, 2006 (6:44 pm)
We test drove the Entourage last weekend and noticed quite a bit of noise coming from the exhaust. When we brought this to the dealer's attention, he said Hyundai purposely made the muffler loud to give the van a "sportier feel". Has anyone else experienced this? We found the noise rather intrusive, NOT sporty. The only times I have ever heard the muffler was when it was rusty and about to fall off in the middle of the road!
#15 of 20 Re: Loud exhaust? [ziana]
Oct 25, 2006 (5:33 am)
I don't know about that, especially since Kia is supposed to be the sportier of the two nameplates. That explanation sounds a little suspect to me.
#16 of 20 Re: Loud exhaust? [ziana]
Oct 25, 2006 (6:45 am)
A couple of days after taking delivery of our Entourage I noticed that the exhaust was a bit loud in the cabin. However, it has become much less noticeable. Not sure if we are use to it or what. My wife drives it everyday and has not mentioned it.