Last post on Nov 22, 2012 at 3:00 AM
You are in the Mitsubishi Montero
What is this discussion about?
Mitsubishi Montero, SUV
#2659 of 2830 Re: 2006 MONTERO IS OUT! Looks awesome! [bldr]
Aug 24, 2005 (7:46 am)
The only change is a reduced color selection? Still underpowered. Still a plastic-encased mall cruiser. Still too 2001. Too bad Mitsubishi is letting one of the toughest real SUVs around simply die from neglect. Its chassis could go head-to-head with the H3 and Jeep Commander and knock 'em on their butts if they'd reskin it with a more aggressive look and give it their V8 (or a diesel).
At least it seems there will be an 06 Montero in the US, though I thought Mitsu had formally announced otherwise. Maybe there's a pulse in the tough ol' Montie.
#2661 of 2830 location of oil filter
Sep 03, 2005 (10:08 pm)
I have a 2004 Montero. Where is the oil filter located. Do I need to remove protective cover in order to reach the oil filter?
#2662 of 2830 Re: location of oil filter [arayclin]
Sep 08, 2005 (1:08 pm)
Yes - you have to remove ( unbolt ) the protective cover to reach the filter from the bottom.
#2663 of 2830 Engine Knock
Sep 12, 2005 (9:28 am)
I have a 2004 Montero LTD. While going up the hill, the engine is knocking a little ( the A/C is off) . Is it a problem ? I use regular unleaded gas right now. Could it be for low octane gasoline? Thanks for any advice.
#2664 of 2830 Re: Engine Knock [mujman]
Sep 13, 2005 (12:36 pm)
It requires Premium! Look inside your gas filler door.
Oct 01, 2005 (7:48 am)
OK…. We have a ’03 Sport with a few problems.
(1) The brake light on the dash was coming on then going off, but now it’s on continuously.
(2) The cruise control light stay on after you use it. When you turn off the cruise control then turn off the truck, then turn the truck back on, the cruise control is on. After normal driving for a few days, it goes and stays off.
(3) The A/C sounds like it’s still cycling even though the A/C button is off.
Are these problems all related? Since they’ve all happened/started around the same time, I thought that is might be an electronic/computer SNAFU. Anyhow help would be great.
#2667 of 2830 Re: Sick '03 [nasfd35]
Oct 03, 2005 (12:00 pm)
1) The brake light on might indicate a low brake fluid level due to normal wear of the brake pads. Check the level and add as necessary (make sure you add the same type of fluid) but you may also want to check the status of the brake pads.
2) and 3) might be related to a computer problem (that might include 1) if the description above does not fix your problem)
#2668 of 2830 Brakes make unusual sound when they are cold
Oct 04, 2005 (5:05 pm)
I have 03 Montero Limited with 20K miles.
Since December last year (2004) until now, I am noticing that about twice a week brakes make scratching sound when they are cold and car needs to stop completely. After few times of pressing the brake pedal, scratching sound disappears.
I took it to a dealer but he said that brakes are fine expect for the metal dust that was collected on the rotor and advised me to regularly (twice a month) wash brake rotors with a warm soapy water. Other independent repair store also didn't find anything wrong with a brake.
The brake performance otherwise are excellent, brake pedal feels firm and no vibration.
Does dealer's explanation of scratching sound make logical explanation? Is there any solution that I can apply to prevent this sound from happening.