Last post on Feb 17, 2008 at 6:29 PM
You are in the Mercedes-Benz R-Class
What is this discussion about?
Mercedes-Benz R-Class, Future Vehicle, Wagon
#11 of 15 Re: Changes You'd Like To See in the R-Class [pf_flyer]
Nov 14, 2006 (10:58 am)
In addition to the larger side mirrors mentioned by another member, I would suggest the following (not in order of importance):
1. Folding side mirrors.
2. Put the clock in the center of the front console so passengers may see it. Better still, make it part of the display, with digital display.
3. Add touch-screen capability to the navigation system. It's extraordinarily clunky. The one in my daughter's new Civic is markedly superior. MB should be ashamed of this one.
4. I also second the member who mentioned that there's no suitable place for the manuals. I ended up putting them in the spare wheel compartment. Enlarging the door storage compartments might help.
5. Make the cargo cover standard, as it seems to have been when the vehicle first came out.
6. If the law allows, consider using a convex rear-view mirror. The side and rear sight lines in this vehicle are dangerous. (See comment above regarding larger side-view mirrors.)
7. Allow the sun screen to be used when the panoramic sun roof is open.
All in all, it's been a very comfortable and, so far (7,000 miles), reliable vehicle. But the rear and side view issues make it unlikely that I will continue with it after the lease expires.
#12 of 15 Re: Changes You'd Like To See in the R-Class [pf_flyer]
Mar 10, 2007 (10:05 pm)
Believe it or not, the R-class does not seem to have proper lumbar support for the passenger. The lumber support for the driver is mediocre.
Long distance trips require proper seating and lumber support.
#13 of 15 Re: Changes You'd Like To See in the R-Class [pf_flyer]
Aug 20, 2007 (9:49 am)
How about a trailer hitch? Even a light duty 2000 lb. hitch would be OK and would allow me to tow my boat. I had my heart set on buying a CDI R-Class but the lack of a tow package is stopping me. The only other 6 passenger CDI powered alternative is the $70K GL which is out of the question.
#15 of 15 Improve the R.
Feb 17, 2008 (6:29 pm)
1 year owner of R Class:
YES--Touch Screen for Navigation.
YES--TRAILER HITCH for Bike Rack, and Boat Towing.
BUNDLE OPTIONS into packages or lines instead of having us special order each individual car.
There should be a $40K Standard, $45K Delux , and $50K Loaded R350 MRSP. And similar for the other engine choices.
Seat Heaters shouldn't be an option for people in Minnesota!
Air adjust shocks shouldn't be an option for anyone.
Options should be paint colors and wheels, not basic features.
THe best headlights should come on all models of MB, safety features shouldn't be optional.
And remind me, why is the battery under the passenger seat?