Last post on Oct 25, 2012 at 11:11 AM
You are in the Audi A3
What is this discussion about?
Audi A3, Car Buying, Sedan, Wagon
Aug 29, 2012 (6:58 pm)
Well its no longer quite new -- it has almost 12k miles on it.
The faster I drive the better gas mileage I get -- highway I average over 32mpg (not quite the
same as a diesel) -- and that is with a quatro. (I used to get 20 max on my 97 A4 2.8 quatro).
Car handles great, accelerates great.
1 - Its now consuming 1.5quarts oil every 5k miles. dealer says I should feel lucky its not using 1 quart per 1700 miles which is the manufacturer spec -- I have a hard time believing this ... As a courtesy deal fills up my oil when the light comes on!
2 - At highway speeds I could hear a noise rushing noise coming from the driver window area.
after repeated attempts to fix it, the noise now has become a whistling sound. Dealer first
said I should increase the radio volume (which did not overshadow the noise). We are now
replacing the mirror assembly for the 2nd time.
3 - climate control works weird when AC is enabled and outside temp is less than inside setting.
#43 of 44 Re: 2012 A3 2.0T [schlagloch]
Sep 02, 2012 (10:13 am)
I have a hard time believing this ... As a courtesy deal fills up my oil when the light comes on!
Do not wait till the oil light comes on!!! That is abuse. I believe it only comes on when you are two full quarts low!
Check your oil, the dipstick tells you if your .1 to 1.0 quart low. Add as required. These are High Performance vehicles, do not neglect.
#44 of 44 2013 A3 TDI premium plus
Oct 25, 2012 (11:11 am)
After several years i bought this A3 TDI.Its my first diesel as well. I love it, i thought 140hp may not be sufficient and with the whole family uphill/downhill drives into the Sierra went well effortlessly. i beleive the high-torque compensates for it
i have few questions if anyone can guide me
(1) while in S or D when it approaches to a stop it kind of jerks(as if i am applying breaks harlly). all i'm doing is just ease the foot of the gas pedal. is this normal?
i tried with the s-tronic "+" and "-" as a test to drive around and the results are the same
(2) is there an option to set the Navigation(map screen) as the default or like a home-page when the ignition is on, also how can i eject the DVD out of the navigation to play my normal cd's?
(3) is there a 3M/clear-bra pre-cut protection for Just Head-lights?
(4) the Audi-site and the sticker says 17" 10 spoke design for all premium-plus model, but i have only a 5 spoke wheel. i have not called in the dealer yet and i do not want to embarrass myself before verifying the info
(5) which brand ULS Disel is good for this vehicle, is there any particular brand that is consistently performs better
(6) also i wanted a all-weather floor mats, but i got a black carpeted one (which is un-opened /un-packed), would anyone be interested in?