Last post on Feb 25, 2012 at 3:19 PM
You are in the Chrysler/Plymouth Voyager, Dodge Caravan
What is this discussion about?
Dodge Grand Caravan, Chrysler Voyager, Plymouth Voyager, Van
#29 of 48 2000 voyager warning light
Jul 22, 2007 (3:49 pm)
I don't have an owners manual, so don't know what light this is....it's the 3rd light from left.....brake light, oil light, then this...........anyone please tell me what this light is and means asap! Thanks Doberkidsmom
#30 of 48 2002 Grand Caravan security warning light on
Jul 25, 2007 (7:20 am)
My 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan has just started getting an intermittent security warning light will come on during initial ignition and while driving. When it comes on while driving nothing happens. However sometimes (3x this morning) when turning the car on the light will come on and the car won't start. Turn the key to off and then back on ususally solves the problem and the car will start.
#31 of 48 Re: 2002 Grand Caravan security warning light on [makelad]
Jul 25, 2007 (10:21 am)
Does your van have a chip in the key? Sounds like maybe it is going bad and the van things a "non-authorized" key is in the ignition.
#32 of 48 Re: 2002 Grand Caravan security warning light on [xwesx]
Jul 25, 2007 (6:05 pm)
No... Normal key.
#33 of 48 2003 Grand Caravan is beeping.
Dec 02, 2007 (9:31 pm)
I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan which just hit 70K. In driving it home this evening, it inexplicably began to beep. The beeping seemed to be coming from near the dashboard, but no lights were visible. It continued beeping for about 5 minutes when it stopped. Can anyone shed some light on what this might mean?
Thanks in advance.
#34 of 48 Re: 2000 voyager warning light [doberkidsmom]
Dec 17, 2007 (10:09 pm)
Did you ever get this solved. I am having the exact same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#35 of 48 Re: 2000 voyager warning light [blmurray]
Dec 18, 2007 (9:37 am)
Yes I had to have the sensor replaced. As I recall it was pretty expensive. Make sure your gas is screwed on tight, I was told that could cause the problem, I tried that and it seemed to help for a short time. Hope this helps.
#36 of 48 Re: 2000 voyager warning light [chafuq]
Dec 18, 2007 (6:47 pm)
This does help a little. If you now exactly what sensor it was it would be alot more helpful. How long did you have the van after the sensor was replaced. Did the van ever stall after that?
#37 of 48 1999 Plymouth Voyager - Backup Lights, Gear Indicator Lights, et al
Apr 25, 2008 (12:11 pm)
1999 Plymouth Voyager
1) My backup lights do not work (yes, the bulbs are good), and I've been told it is "probably" the neutral safety switch (NSS).
2) In addition to that, my gear indicator lights are all lit when I'm in Park, and remain that way when shifting. Only when I select Reverse or Drive do the other lights finally go out.
3) On top of that, I cannot manually shift into 1st gear, though when in Drive the transmission shifts through each successive gear without problem. This is only a issue because I live in a very hilly area and prefer to do what little I can to preserve my brakes, particularly coming down a snowy hill in the dead of winter
4) Finally (though not really), my ABS light goes on and off intermittently, while the ABS system still seems to be operating.
5) And finally (at last), my Air Bag light comes on at randon times, and then goes off whenever it pleases.
Are any of these issues related? Does the (NSS) neutral safety switch come into play with any of them other than the back up lights?
I believe I've located the NSS, but if anyone has a picture or diagram of its location that would be real helpful
#38 of 48 Re: 1999 Plymouth Voyager - Backup Lights, Gear Indicator Lights, et al [minivanman4]
Jul 01, 2008 (1:39 pm)
I ALSO HAVE A BACKUP LIGHT ISSUE AS IN NO LIGHTS, 1999 DODGE CARAVAN, 3.8L V6. THE PROBLEM IS NEITHER LAMPS OR FUSES. I WAS TOLD BY A DEALERSHIP THAT A TRANSMISSON "SWITCH" IS THE CULPRIT. THEY STATE THAT IT IS LOCATED WITHIN THE TRANSMISSION AND THEREFORE WILL REQUIRE SOME DISASSEMBLY TO REPLACE IT--BIG BUCKS.
SURE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF MINIVANMAN4 HAS RESOLVED HIS PROBLEM OR IF ANYONE DOES KNOW IF THIS 'SOLUTION' IS WHAT IS REQUIRED.