Last post on Dec 09, 2013 at 8:33 PM
You are in the Prices Paid - Buying & Leasing Experiences
What is this discussion about?
Acura RDX, Car Leasing, Car Buying, SUV
#693 of 2248 Re: new financing offers for Jan? [chewy734]
Jan 04, 2009 (11:21 am)
a few things in response, and understand I am not an auto company employee, insider, expert, etc, just using common sense and information I have found or gotten
the price for your 09 with tech is excellent, thanks for posting. what city/state are you in?
I would say the deals will be better in two months, but that is just a common sense comment. The economy/recession/auto market is not going to get better any time soon, hence deals will not get any worse, they may only get better. The fed dropped the interest rates for a while so I don't see any reason why Acura or other dealers would raise rates. Toyota is at 0% rates across the board as are many of the US automakers. Honda/Acura would shoot itself in the foot to raise rates.
Also, why do you need to decide by Monday, if your lease is up in two months? Did the dealer/salesman give you a "deadline" to buy? If so that is hogwash, once he quoted you a price he will have to honor it today or months from now since you know you got it and he knows he told you about it. You have the money and the power in this market, not the dealer or salesguy. If you need to decide for some other reason, then I don't know how to answer unless you provide more info.
But I would not buy right now just because he is putting a time line on you. Like with many major purchases regarding tech or autos: the longer you wait, the cheaper things get, the better technology gets, etc etc
Only reason to buy now is if you need the car right now. Otherwise why have two depreciating assets in the garage if you don't need to....
2009 RDX's will be on the floors till at least august, so I wouldn't worry about them disappearing or anything.
#694 of 2248 Re: new financing offers for Jan? [tommy_gunn]
Jan 04, 2009 (11:40 am)
Thanks for your insight. We're in Cleveland, OH. The reason I said Monday is because the current promotions end and may not be extended further. Acura already told me they are increasing their CPO financing rates an additional 2% on Tuesday. So I assumed the new car percentages may also increase by a similar amount.
Two months from now who knows what might happen. I agree the economy won't improve greatly, but that doesn't mean that dealers will be offering the same incentives as they are right now. For example, BMW raised their percentages by 2% as well last week, etc. I guess we're just worried that the rates will go up on Tuesday and that could be an extra $2k or more depending on the vehicle.
#695 of 2248 Re: new financing offers for Jan? [chewy734]
Jan 04, 2009 (11:50 pm)
I would not compare CPO with new sales, on any front
But if you feel the 0.9 and 2.9 new car loan rates will go away, then that is obviously a large $$ figure to consider, if you are financing most or all of the purchase....
I have no idea when those rates will go away, and since your sales guy will want to sell now rather than later, he probably won't know or won't tell you either ... but I would bet they have no idea anyway, those decisions come from home office
other than the interest rate there are no other Acura incentives, so this really hinges on your belief of how long the interest rates will be low. My guess is for some time to come, given the economy, and the fact the fed has lowered the rate so low, and I don't believe that is changing soon either. But my guess really isn't worth more than a grain of salt, so ....
and honestly, BMW is a whole other league of car and customer, I would not relate their moves to anyone else. People buying BMWs last year are still buying them this year, and BMW knows that, and they rarely ever discount or make stated deals. But I would be surprised if they didnt lower rates again soon once they see a negative effect of rasing them ...
let me/us know what you decide, or if you learn of anything else during your process!
#696 of 2248 Good price on a 2009 RDX with Nav?
Jan 05, 2009 (10:17 am)
Yesterday I got a quote from a local dealer for a 2009 RDX with Nav. Actually I got a range - he said he could come in between 32k and 33k. This price includes everything except TTL and their 'processing fee'.
What do you think - good deal? Could I push for less?
#697 of 2248 Re: Good price on a 2009 RDX with Nav? [dckiwi]
Jan 05, 2009 (10:28 am)
from what else has been posted that is an unbeatable price for 09/tech
In SoCal I was quoted 34k before TTL, and the guy a couple posts up in CLE was quoted just over 33k. So 32-33 range is the best yet posted. I would ask for 32k and say you are ready to purchase when he confirms.
Processing fee is probably doc fee, but I would clarify that before anything else. There should be no fees other than TTL and the doc fee, which is usually $40-50.
#698 of 2248 Re: Good price on a 2009 RDX with Nav? [tommy_gunn]
Jan 05, 2009 (10:39 am)
Washington DC area (Northern VA).
No the processing fee is charged to supposedly cover their administrative costs, and is usually $200-$300. He did say he could get near 32k but couldn't hit 32k exactly....
#699 of 2248 Re: Good price on a 2009 RDX with Nav? [dckiwi]
Jan 05, 2009 (10:52 am)
Was this brand new? It just seems like it might be a low-mileage service loaner or something. What dealer/saleman, if you don't mind me asking?
#700 of 2248 Re: Good price on a 2009 RDX with Nav? [chewy734]
Jan 05, 2009 (11:04 am)
We didn't even have a specific vehicle in mind when the price was discussed, so I don't see how he would have restricted it to a loaner. Yes, definately brand new.
Not to be a pain but I'm going to hold off on naming the dealer until (if) I make the purchase. That way I can confirm to you that the offer is actually good
#701 of 2248 Re: Good price on a 2009 RDX with Nav? [dckiwi]
Jan 05, 2009 (11:06 am)
Alright, cool. No problem. Did you by chance ask if the deal was valid only thru today, or are the current specials carried over through the rest of this month?
#702 of 2248 Re: Good price on a 2009 RDX with Nav? [chewy734]
Jan 05, 2009 (11:12 am)
He did not state that this offer was only good for today. So as long as the cash back incentive for the RDX sticks around ($1500) I don't see why this offer would change.