Last post on Jun 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM
You are in the GMC Yukon
What is this discussion about?
GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Yukon XL, SUV
#16 of 25 Should I get the 6.0 or 5.3 engine for my XL
Feb 21, 2007 (2:14 pm)
Can anyone tell me the difference in gas mileage between the two?
#17 of 25 07 Yukon SLT 4x4
Feb 22, 2007 (8:29 pm)
I have an 07 Yukon 4x4, about 15k miles, and I get 14 mpg doing 80% highway, and I am pretty heavy on the gas pedal so I think that is pretty good. It looks really good compared to the 12.7 mpg I get on that 210hp Commander V6.
#20 of 25 07 Denali XL--Gas mileage increase???
May 15, 2008 (9:26 am)
Just curious for those of you who have these beasts of a vehicle (Denali XL or Denali or even Tahoe/Yukon) what have you guys done modifications wise to get better gas mileage and has it paid off?
#21 of 25 Re: 07 Denali XL--Gas mileage increase??? [schu300]
May 16, 2008 (6:04 am)
Below is just my personal experiences through my previous vehicles:
1. Cold Air Intake modification - not at all cost effective, so not done on my Denali.
2. Using Synthetic oil mostly for better protection - on all my past cars and my Denali today (Engine and Axles only).
3. Engine Computer mod - not done on my Denali (enough power for me as is).
4. Maintain proper Tire pressure (weekly basis)
5. Try not to drive over 75mph (I observed at ~68mph with best MPG)
6. Try not to drive with a heavy right-foot; but that will defeat the purpose of buying the Denali with the 6.2 V8... Doh!
7. Keep junk out of the SUV as possible.
8. I still think brand name gasoline (BP & Shell) is better. just my opinion.
9. keep up with regular maintenance (You take care of it and it will take care of you most of the time).
#22 of 25 Re: 07 Denali XL--Gas mileage increase??? [rsht]
May 16, 2008 (9:48 am)
Items 2,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 are all done on a regular basis.....
I am not interested in item 3.......but have thought seriously about item 1....
I fuel up about once every 7 days, doing mostly city and the occassional highway (65mph) 10 mile trip.........it never fails, my MPG on my computer is always 12.4-12.7......
If I am on an all highway road trip..I sit at 15MPG by time the tank is running low.
Im just curious, if maybe the cold air intake would make a slight/major difference if anything at all.
#23 of 25 Re: 07 Denali XL--Gas mileage increase??? [schu300]
May 23, 2008 (6:00 pm)
Yes it can. I installed the cool air intake along with the performance exhaust (GMC dealer installed) and I get 17 street 20 hwy ( 55 Mph). Make sure u get the touring exhaust, not the performance. When I get up to 70 I get a solid 18 Miles per gal.
I have the Denali XL. The touring is not as noisy. Love the sound.
#24 of 25 slurp, slurp, slurp
May 29, 2008 (4:39 pm)
My '08 gives 10 mpg local and 16 on the open road. Yes, it's a thirsty pig.
Would have been an o.k. SUV when gas was 35 cents a gallon. But that will never happen in this world.
#25 of 25 Re: 2007 Denali - Fuel Economy? [naligirl]
Jun 29, 2008 (1:56 pm)
08 gmc sierra denali awd me driving it 14.5 w/my wife driving 15.4
i tend to get a bit heavy on takeoffs....even though punching it at a stop wont even get a chirp....maybe my tires will last a bit longer .. i have about 1000 miles sofar i like it. real nice interior quiet ride comfortable chairs the exhaust on the denali are huge compared to the other sierras......denali has a rear exit tail pipe ....l like the sound better.