Last post on Jul 05, 2011 at 11:21 AM
You are in the Hyundai Santa Fe
What is this discussion about?
Hyundai Santa Fe, SUV
#263 of 264 New owner with questions: cargo screen, dealer settings, maintenance, etc.
Jul 05, 2011 (10:38 am)
I've been reading through the message board today and am confused about a few things people have brought up. Also, I sometimes see conflicting answers to some of my below questions. I appreciate all the help and answers I can get!
We've bought a new Santa Fe 2011 SE without Nav and will be picking it up this Friday. We're really looking forward to it!
1. Has anyone had trouble with the 7500 mile/6 month oil change not being frequent enough?
2. I see some people say Hyundai requires annual brake dismantling and cleaning. I don't see this on the Santa Fe's maintenance schedule. Is this really on the maintenance list?
3. I've seen some people have trouble with the iPhone 4 and the bluetooth connection. Are there any known problems everyone is having?
4. What kind of values are you guys getting for their "guaranteed trade in value"? I think this is a new program. We forgot to ask about it but will do so when we pick up the car.
5. We signed on the car on the promise that the dealer would throw in a cargo cover/screen. I didn't even imagine Hyundai may not make one since I see the grooves it would fit into, however research now tells me otherwise. I hear Hyundai Canada produces and sells them I see there's conflicting information on whether they fit properly. This may actually be a deal-breaker for us. If there's no option to cover cargo nicely, we may want to back out of the whole deal - what do you guys think?
6. What dealer settings are available? For example, I understand there's an option to have the doors automatically unlock when the car is put in park, the key is turned to the off position, or never. (I'm leaning towards the key=off setting). Are there any other settings you can recommend?
7. Is there any way to test to make sure the vehicle (SE, no Nav) has the most recent software (bluetooth and otherwise)?
#264 of 264 Re: New owner with questions: cargo screen, dealer settings, maintenance, etc. [chalpin]
Jul 05, 2011 (11:21 am)
I have the cargo screen on my '08, which of course is essentially the same as your vehicle. It works well, although it's not the most elegant solution. The problem is caused by the way it attaches to the second row seats, which fold - so that part has to be detachable. I don't really see any other way they could have done it with that design, but it is a bit rinky-dink. I'm satisfied with it though.