Last post on Jul 10, 2009 at 2:26 AM
You are in the Prices Paid & Leasing Experiences Archive
What is this discussion about?
Volkswagen Rabbit, Car Leasing, Hatchback
#33 of 72 Lease in SF Bay Area
May 26, 2007 (9:03 pm)
Just leased a 2007 2DR Coupe Automatic with 16" wheels, iPod adapter, and rubber mats w/ MSRP: $17,589. Here are the lease terms:
$500 total out the door and $300.00/mo for 24 mos, 10k miles.
Didn't do much haggling, was anxious to get something for the wife before Tuesday, but I wasn't paying anything over $300 and dealer knew that. Don't know where this fits in the bad to great lease deals (I'm sure you can always do better, worse, etc), but we're happy with it.
#34 of 72 Re: Rabbit Residuals and Bank Factors [wilkich84]
Jun 05, 2007 (8:44 am)
Agreed on price was $17,500... it is a four door and standard options, no sunroof, wheels, etc...
#35 of 72 Re: Rabbit Residuals and Bank Factors [trooperkal]
Jun 26, 2007 (9:37 pm)
I am shopping for a 2Dr auto trans. Emailed a dealer. he found me one that I like for MSRP $17,125. I would like to ask him for a lease - 24 mo/12K miles/year, 0 down. What would be the numbers for a good deal. state tax is 7%.
appreciate your help.
#36 of 72 Re: Rabbit Residuals and Bank Factors [imgdoc]
Jun 27, 2007 (8:07 am)
that sounds a little off for a two door auto; our sticker for our 2 door auto w/ the 16 alloy wheel package stickered at 17,095.
#37 of 72 Re: Rabbit Residuals and Bank Factors [eldaino]
Jun 28, 2007 (9:09 am)
Dealer emailed me with the following offer:
2dr auto, 16" alloy MSRP 17,105, selling price 16,950
36 month lease, 12K/year, 299/mo, $500 total out of pocket.
What do you guys think? Should I accept or haggle more?
#38 of 72 Re: Rabbit Residuals and Bank Factors [imgdoc]
Jun 28, 2007 (10:50 am)
ok this sounds better. go for it.
#39 of 72 Lease offer. Should I go for it?
Jul 02, 2007 (3:46 pm)
Just got a quote from another dealer:
36 month lease, 12k/year 2-door Auto Rabbit with 16" Alloys:
Selling price: $16500
Money Factor: .00263
Drive Off Amount Due at Signing: $400
Monthly Payment: $277.41
This includes tax, title and registration
I was thinking of waiting till August for the 2008 models,
but deal seems so sweet. What are you all thinking. Should I go for it now?
#40 of 72 Re: Lease offer. Should I go for it? [imgdoc]
Jul 03, 2007 (5:56 am)
it sounds good, but with the 08's just around the corner, you'll have to decide if you want bragging rights for a 170hp engine and a standard armrest, or this deal. i wish my payment was this much!
#41 of 72 Re: Lease offer. Should I go for it? [eldaino]
Jul 03, 2007 (10:01 pm)
I am kind of stubborn and I've sent a few more emails to nearby VW dealers. One of them called me on the phone and offered $263/mo and $430 drive off. Same 2dr, auto, alloy wheels.
Are they really trying to get rid of the 2007 models? Anyway, this works for me and I am getting this bunny on Thursday. Will post after that.
#42 of 72 Re: Lease offer. Should I go for it? [imgdoc]
Jul 05, 2007 (6:49 am)
hey congrats man! you'll love it regardless if its 150 or 170hp.
i don't think the 08's are getting to the lots in a month or anything like that, but i have read on vw vortex that dealers are getting to the point where they are no longer taking special orders for 07 rabbits.