Last post on Dec 09, 2013 at 8:06 AM
You are in the Saturn VUE
What is this discussion about?
Saturn VUE, Saturn VUE Red Line, SUV
Go to NHTSA to file a safety complaint.
Or call Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET) (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800)424-9153
#293 of 336 AC & Fuel Sensor problems
Apr 09, 2012 (3:09 pm)
I have a 2008 Saturn Vue with a little over 50,000 miles on it. My AC has been giving me troubles. Sometimes it will come on, sometimes it won't (the light will flicker 3 times and go out) At the same time my check engine light comes on. I took it to Auto Zone and they said it was the fuel sensor. Has anyone else had this problem and how expensive is it going to be to get fixed? We have a limited warranty on it and I am willing to bet this isn't covered.
#295 of 336 2003 Saturn VUE - LEMON!
Apr 15, 2012 (1:11 pm)
4-cyl 2.2 liter FWD Vti transmission
Lemon lemon lemon! This has been a rotten car since we bought it brand new in July 2003.
We have had the following problems:
1) REPLACE TRANSMISSION - at 80k miles (just over 8 years - in which the GM dealer did agree to pay for 50% of the new transmission - our cost $1800)
2) CRACK IN DRIVERS SIDE MIRROR (this has been reported by many ppl)
3) HORN STUCK ON, blew fuse (when I googled this, it has also been a problem by many ppl. We read it would cost a couple thousand to fix because the horn relay is intertwined with the air bag.)
4) AIR CONDITIONING - no longer blows cold - hissing sound when using heat/air/fan.
5) REAR WIPER SLOW
6) HAZZARD BUTTON PUSHED INTO DASH
7) HOOD LATCH LEVER BROKEN (many times)
8) CD PLAYER - stopped working, CD stuck in it
9) REAR SWAY BAR LINKS - had to replace
10) REAR SUSPENSION - recall, had work done under warranty
11) BENT DRIVERS SIDE WIPER ARM - ordered while still under warranty twice and we never did get it
12) ELECTRICAL PROBLEM (?) - While driving to our vacation destination, all lights in the display panel went on - indicated empty gas, temperature hot, service, service engine soon, security, dome light when on, door locks wouldn't work, intermittent wipers would not work but regular speed did, power windows still worked - who knows what else!!! We continued driving because we were in the middle of nowhere. Once we turned off the car, it would not start again. It would turn over but not start. Next day it would not even turn over (dead battery maybe).
This car is EVIL!
#296 of 336 Transmission Fluid
Jul 12, 2012 (4:51 pm)
It seems that everytime I take my Vue to the dealership for oil change and such, they tell me that I need some other pricey service as well. Today it was a front wheel tire alignment ($60), a fuel system cleaning ($140), and transmission fluid change ($250). I did get the alignment and fuel system cleaning; however, my owner's manual states that transmission fluid doesn't need done until 100,000 miles. I have 58,000. When searching this topic online, the views on changing transmission fluid is very diverse as to when and how often. My dad said he's never changed his in any of his cars ever. I don't know if I should just go with the manual recommendations or the dealership. I know the dealership wants to make money and my car has no issues at this time, so I hope I am making the right decision. Has anyone had their transmission fluid changed? Thoughts?
Oct 01, 2012 (7:18 am)
I just purchased a 2006 saturn vue the radio has power and plays but if i push any of the function buttons such as the seek or band it turns the radio off any help would be appreciated thanks.
#298 of 336 Re: Radio on Saturn Vue [paramedic250]
Oct 02, 2012 (6:55 am)
Good morning paramedic250,
Unfortunately I am quite limited in my ability to troubleshoot vehicle concerns like this; however, I am hopeful that you'll get some great advice from other members of the Edmunds community. If you wanted to get this checked out a dealership, be sure to let us know as we're available to follow up on your visit or investigate the situation further. We can be reached at socialmediagm.com
Sarah, GM Customer Service
#299 of 336 03 saturn vue check engine light MYSTERY
Nov 16, 2012 (2:21 pm)
i have a 03 saturn vue awd 4cyl 2.2 liter,.. the check engine light is on .. at low rpms maybe first gear(its an automatic) it starts to shake,.. got it diagnosed and it said we needed a new oxygen sensor got that replaced this morning and this afternoon the light came on again and it started to shake again ,.. went back to the mechanic and it said the same oxygen sensor was bad in the diagnostic check,. is there something that could be shorting it out? or is there a wiring problem that is telling the computer something wrong?,.. ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED,.. THANKS FOR YOU TIME
#301 of 336 4 cyl air intake system
Nov 23, 2012 (6:30 pm)
Removed left headlight.
Saw a worms nest of plastic for the air intake to the air cleaner.
Why would Saturn want to cause the intake air to worm and wonder thru a mase like this?
I removed it!
No differnce in intake air noise.
On top of the engine is another large plastic box for the air between the filter and engine.
Used a piece of 3" aluminum dryer hose to replace it.
Installed the hose and sensor to the new aluminum hose.
No differnce in intake noise, fuel mileage or engine tune.
Anybody have an idea of why Saturn used all that plastic in the air intake system?
#302 of 336 2006 Saturn Vue basic_ash tray
Nov 23, 2012 (7:59 pm)
yeah...my wife and I are both smokers.....Anybody know if there is/was an ash tray option available for this 2006 Vue?
We use an ash tray "cup" in the cup holder, but it is between the arm rests and uncomfortable to use that way.
I was hoping there was one that fit in the 'hole' below the radio.