Last post on Feb 28, 2007 at 11:17 AM
You are in the Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee
What is this discussion about?
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8, SUV
#8 of 9 SRT8 Test drive
Dec 14, 2006 (7:28 pm)
Took a black '07 out today for a test drive. Impressions:
1. A real head-turner. My college-age daughter described it as "bling-ghetto" and said that was a compliment.
2. The exhaust note is perfect, deep & throaty without droneing.
3. The massive torque, combined with the AWD & 5spdAT, is incredible! The drivetrain seems always up on its toes, even compared to my supercharged '03 SVT Cobra and turboed Typhoon.
4. The ride/handling tradeoff is right on the edge. On bad pavement it gives you second thoughts, but on on-ramps its all smiles!
5. This feels like a beast. It feels serious, heavy and brute quick, an unusual combination.
I plan to drive an TBSS next week to compare. I know it wont be as brutally quick, but I am interested to see the ride/handling tradeoff, as well as the backseat room (it was better on the SRT8 than I expected). There is no question though, that the SRT8 is one sweet unique ride. Enjoy!