Last post on Oct 07, 2010 at 11:26 AM
You are in the Lexus IS
What is this discussion about?
Lexus IS 350, Lexus IS 250, Lexus IS 300, Sedan
#1 of 67 Lexus IS 350 Squeaks and Rattles
Jul 14, 2006 (6:07 pm)
Talk about your squeaks and rattles here.
#2 of 67 my is250 dash makes squeaking sound
Apr 17, 2006 (10:09 pm)
when i drive on bumpy fw in socal. it's so weird.
#3 of 67 Re: my is250 dash makes squeaking sound [sowku]
May 09, 2006 (3:10 pm)
I live in S.Calif too and am thinking of getting and IS250 - is that the only problem
so far ? Would you recommend one ? Did you get a good deal, and if so, which
dealer ? Hope your squeeks go away or else just blast your radio
#4 of 67 Re: my is250 dash makes squeaking sound [white_trash]
May 09, 2006 (8:10 pm)
I've had my IS 250 for about half a month now. No problems other than stares from people.
I would go see Pete Johnson at Beverly Hills Lexus. I got the best price there and the service is worth the trip. (Live in the OC)
#5 of 67 Re: my is250 dash makes squeaking sound [white_trash]
May 15, 2006 (11:27 pm)
I'm going on a month with my IS250 AWD and here's what I've noticed...
1. There's an intermittent squeek from the passenger's side dash when driving on bumpy roads. I'll have this looked at when I take it in for the first servicing. It doesn't happen all the time, so that'll be a good test for the Lexus customer service reputation.
2. The suspension is stiff. That's not necessarily a problem, but don't expect a supple, soft ride. It kind of reminds me of my old Plymouth Laser turbo.
3. The brakes are touchy. A feather touch will make them grab. Normal pressure might lead to very quick and sudden stop. Eventually, your foot adjusts.
4. I drive a lot in the sport mode with the manual shifter. Sometimes when up-shifting while accelerating hard, there's a lag in the time from when I upshift to the time the transmission actually shifts. So, it's like, accelerate HARD (think flooring it), upshift at around 3.5K RPMs, 4K RPMs, no actual shift, 4.5K RPMs, it finally shifts. Under normal driving conditions, the shifter works great.
I can live with all this stuff with the exception of the squeek. That needs to get taken care of. There are so many other things that are right with the car that I am more than happy to live with the stiff suspension, brakes and manual shifting issue.
#6 of 67 Re: my is250 dash makes squeaking sound [sowku]
Jun 20, 2006 (11:20 am)
I think I have the same problem, and I think I know what it is. Take a look to the plastic cover under the rear mirror. There is a little screw that might not be totally tight and makes the cap lose and hense sound when driving over street bumps. I will take a look this weekend, in the mean time I will try a tape to see if this is the problem. Let us know....
I have a manual IS 250 and I took it to the service because it s hard to shift fast, I have to wait a litle time until the crancks are alignes to compeltely shift the gear. It seems like the clutch is not doing the entire job. So if you want to speed up real quick and shif fast to pass will take some training..... any clues?
#7 of 67 Re: my is250 dash makes squeaking sound [ricksterq]
Jun 20, 2006 (10:39 pm)
it was so annoying.. but now it looks ugly. man... it's annoying sound.. this is a design flaw.. i hope lexus is doing something about it...
#8 of 67 Re: my is250 dash makes squeaking sound [sowku]
Jul 11, 2006 (8:38 pm)
My IS250 has the squeaky dash too, plus a rattling sun visor, and a rattle coming from the post between the doors on the driver's side. I brought it to a dealer and they couldn't isolate the sound - so I'm living with it and souring on the car. My sales rep says that if these cars have a common problem Lexus will figure it out and issue a fix. We'll see, but they may have lost my future business by then. The IS250 loaner I was given had the squeaky dash. There are too many nice cars in the IS price range to put up with this stuff.
#9 of 67 Re: my is250 dash makes squeaking sound [red_is]
Jul 11, 2006 (11:09 pm)
1) Your sales rep knows NOTHING about the servicing of your car
2) the rattle on the "post" between the front & rear doors is probably the adjustible seat belt. Try raising or lowering the anchor to see if this helps.
3) Squeaky sunvisor. Where is it coming from? When the sunvisor is in front of you or when turned to the side?
If it only happens when in front of you, then it might be plastic on plastic (where the sunvisor "clips" into the base/anchor. Try a little surf board wax or candle wax and rub it lightly on the clip or "button" (where the visor clips into the base/anchor)
4) Why not stop obsessing over silly little things like squeaks & rattles. Cars are built by people. They are not built to exact tollerances and they WILL develop noises. NO CAR IS PERFECT. ALL CARS WILL SQUEAK AND/OR RATTLE. Unfortunately, it's a FACT!
5) If all else fails ... TURN UP THE RADIO. The squeaks & rattles will then vanish.
#10 of 67 Re: my is250 dash makes squeaking sound [benzoservceguy]
Jul 12, 2006 (7:36 am)
Truer words cannot be spoken. Despite the fact we are talking about a 35k automobile, we are not talking about Maybach, or another 300+K auto. IS 350 is my second Lexus, and perhaps the problem is Lexus makes the cars too quiet for their own good. Tune down engine/exhaust noise & every little sound comes through with clarity the ML sterio can't produce.
My .02 cents