Last post on Oct 01, 2009 at 6:39 AM
You are in the Pontiac Vibe
What is this discussion about?
Pontiac Vibe, Hatchback, Wagon
#370 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [kathyc2]
Jun 29, 2009 (7:08 am)
You know, I used to know a guy who always tried to squeeze the last nickle out of a deal. He was excellent at it. However, I am amazed at how many deals that were really, really great went south over that last nickle.
If you're looking at what you want and it's a good deal, pull the trigger. It may not be there a month from now, or rebates might not go your way and after all, time really is money. If your time isn't worth anything, then I suppose wasting it on wheeling and dealing for a car is worthwhile to you. But on the other hand, if the lowest possible price on a new car means so much why aren't you looking at a Kia or a Suzuki?
#371 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [use1time]
Jun 29, 2009 (7:31 am)
Geez, lighten up.
I've made a verbal deal on the price of the car. Just trying to do some guessing if the rebates might be a little better in July. They will hold the car for me, it's only a matter of a couple of days.
#372 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [kathyc2]
Jun 29, 2009 (9:21 am)
Same here but looks like nobody knows about July Rebate. Notice that another $500 cash to dealer expires on 6/30, too.
#373 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [wux]
Jun 29, 2009 (2:44 pm)
I am on the same boat as wux and kathyc2. My hang up is cash for clunkers. I would not get the loyalty rebate, but this is what I was told on my test drive. More rebates and incentives on G6 then Vibe as Vibes are selling just fine, but there is not any reason to change any incentives as all of these Pontiacs need to go. In fact you will see the '10s(2.4 1SB) now being offered at invoice of 19k where air conditioner is standard. I drove a car with no preferred package,auto, air but with premium wheels and the dealer had the price at 16862 with the loyalty credit built in. Unfortunately, I was told that I would need to add 1k back for the loyalty not applying to me.
#374 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [fmtn_tiger]
Jul 01, 2009 (3:18 pm)
Tiger, don't know if it's been announced to the public yet, but my dealer tells me July rebates are the same for 2009 models and 2,500 for 2010 models. Even on the 2010's supply is limited, so if you are interested you probably shouldn't wait too long.
#375 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [kathyc2]
Jul 02, 2009 (6:20 am)
Kathyc, I just saw the rebates for 10 as you had mentioned and you are right, the supply is limited for sure. I am waiting for the cash for clunkers details to worked out.
#376 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [fmtn_tiger]
Jul 02, 2009 (1:02 pm)
Good luck! Hopefully, there will still be some around.
Just sealed the deal on a 1.8 w/ air, auto and perferred. Pick it up tomorrow.
Are you going with the 1.8 or 2.4?
#377 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [kathyc2]
Jul 05, 2009 (7:18 am)
Enjoy the new ride! I am looking at a 2.4. Please post your price if you can and the model year. Did u take the rebates or the 72 month 0%?
#378 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [fmtn_tiger]
Jul 05, 2009 (7:40 am)
There was a trade in involved, so discussing price is moot. I did get a very good deal though!
We test drove both the 2.4 and 1.8 quite a bit, and while the 2.4 did have quite a bit more power, the 1.8 was sufficient. The extra 4 MPG w/ gas at 2.50 was not much more, but my guess is during the course of ownership gas will be double to triple current prices.
We came out better much taking the rebates since only 60% was financed and my credit union has rates currently at 4.6%.
#379 of 399 Re: june or july rebate? [fmtn_tiger]
Jul 05, 2009 (10:21 am)
Here is the price information on a Red Vibe GT we got on 6/30/2009:
Current MSRP: $20,875 + $1,050(Auto) + $700(Sunroof) + $295(Alarm) + $53(CargoCover)+$635(Dist. Charge) = $23,615
Current Invoice: $22,215
Price paid: $17,425+$300(SC car tax) +275 (other fees)=$18,000
Hope it may help.
1) Dealer had this car since 9/2008 at a then lower MSRP of $22,000 and Invioce of $20,783.
2) We were told that there is a $680 dealer added "car care protection system" on the car, not sure what it is, likely worthless.
3) We also had $3,441.47 GM card reward, so final cost for us is $14,558.53.
4) Would like to trade in our silver 03 base vibe with 65,000 miles and top condition. Did not work out, as dealer's offer was very low. Edmunds' trade-in value is about $6,900. We'll be happy to get that much. How hard will it be to sell the car? What is the best way to it?